Monday, February 8, 2021

February 8, 2021 Lunch – Gravad Lax and Egg Salad. Dinner- PPI Mapo Dofu and Rice. And Hummus

 February 8, 2021 Lunch – Gravad Lax and Egg Salad. Dinner- PPI Mapo Dofu and Rice.   And Hummus

Today was exciting.  It started with a breakfast of granola, yogurt, milk, blueberries, and sliced bananas as I prepared for a hearing that lasted for two hours.

Thehearing was even more fun because I sort of won.

After the hearing I prepared a salad for lunch with romaine lettuce, a diced tomato, a diced hard boiled egg, capers, and Gravad Lax. I refreshed the Cesar dressing with a whisked egg with a Dash of salt and pepper and about a T. of olive oil.



After lunch I checked my stock portfolio that increased 1%.

At 4:30 I walked ½ mile and made a hot buttered rum when I returned.  As I sat down to rest Suzette arrived.  We sat and watched the news and decided to prepare the PPI Mapo Dofu.  I made a cup of rice with chicken stock, seaweed, and lily pods.



The dinner was really delicious with fresh rice.

We split a beer.

At 5:30 I simmered the garbanzo beans I soaked in water with added baking soda overnight.  I simmered the garbanzos in fresh water for 2 ½ hours.

They softened dramatically when we added olive oil, the juice of two lemons, squeezed garlic, tahini mixed in cold water, and ground cumin and puréed in the Cuisinart.

Here is the result.



It tastes great and will taste better when I add chopped parsley and olive oil.


Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment