Sunday, February 7, 2021

February 7, 2021 Brunch – Bacon, Potato, and Egg burrito Super Bowl Meal – Texas Chili con Carne, onion dip, and Guacamole

 February 7, 2021 Brunch – Bacon, Potato, and Egg burrito   Super Bowl Meal – Texas Chili con Carne, onion dip, and Guacamole

I drank a glass of hot chocolate at 7:30 and watched soccer and news until 10:00 unfortunately my favorite team, Leicester tied 0 to 0.  I then watched Liverpool play Manchester City and Manchester City lost, which was unexpected and which allowed Leicester to hold on to its third place in the PL standings At 10:30 we made bacon, potato, and egg burritos with slices of avocado for brunch. Suzette drank a Bloody Mary and I drank a glass of Clamato with the juice of one lime.  



 

I rode 3 ½ to 4 miles north at 12:30 and when I returned watched Sheffield v. Chelsea until the family Zoom meeting from 2:00 until 3:00.

At 3:00 I started cooking our Super Bowl dinner.  I brought the Texas chili in started heating it.  I added more red chili powder, ground coriander and cumin and salt to the large pot of chili we cooked last night containing 2 lb. of ground beef, a No. 7 can of Ranch Style beans and ½ of a No. 7 can of diced tomatoes, plus two diced sweet onions, 10 cloves of garlic, salt, cumin powder, red chili, and coriander powder

I also made an onion dip with the contents of a bag of onion soup mix and 2 ½ cups of sour cream and a bowl of guacamole made with two ½ large avocados, two cloves of garlic and ¼ sweet onion minced, the juice of two limes, salt, and several dashes of Cholula hot sauce.

I filled one bowl with potato chips and another bowl with corn chips and chilled several Negra Modelo beers.


The Texas chili


   I decided to try to make hummus again so I filled the Le Creuset casserole with water and added about 2 cups of dried garbanzo beans and about three T. of baking soda and heated the water in the casserole and then turned it off and covered it to soak. 

 At halftime we ate bowls of chili with grated mozzarella, corn chips, and guacamole with a beer.  

Tampa Bay defeated Kansas City handily. At the end of the game we watched PBS Masterpiece Theatre episodes of All creatures Great and Small and the Long Song until 10:00 when Suzette went to bed and I blogged.

 We bought pita chips yesterday and we have pita bread so we have something to dip into the hummus I intend to cook tomorrow.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment