Wednesday, February 10, 2021

February 10, 2021 Lunch – Shrimp Sausage Noodle bowl from Coda Bakery. Dinner – Shrimp, Shrimp Sausage, and deep fried onion tofu and vegetable stir fry with PPI rice

 February  10, 2021 Lunch – Shrimp Sausage Noodle bowl from Coda Bakery. Dinner – Shrimp, Shrimp Sausage, and deep fried onion tofu and vegetable stir fry with PPI rice

The food was good today, but the food shopping was great.

I ate granola, banana slices, blueberries, yogurt, and milk for breakfast at 9:15 as I listened to the first day of the second Trump Impeachment trial.  The evidence was devastating to Trump as it showed how over six months he planned to de-legitimize the vote count if it did not favor him and then after all other legitimjate avenues to reverse the vote failed, he planned the January 6 insurrection to have his supporters stop the count of the electoral college votes that had been certified by the states.

Willy picked me up at 10:20 and we drove to the Center in Los Lunas, I for my second shot and Willy for his first shot.

Afterwards he was kind enough to drive us to 999 Seafood market on Gibson, just east of San Mateo. 999 Seafood is a full Oriental Supermarket with lots of wonderful food items.  We both went a little crazy.  I bought hoisin sauce, a fresh bamboo shoot in water, snow peas, a quart of pickled daikon and carrot, fresh egg noodles, two blue mackerel, a pork belly, chocolate cookies, and a 19 oz. tub of medium tofu.

Willy got and array of sauces, such as teriyaki sauce and sesame oil, some cookies, a jar of ground turmeric, and several canned beverages.

It was a super shopping experience.

We discussed lunch.  Willy suggested Coda Bakery that makes amazing Vietnamese sandwiches. I prefer noodles, so I opted for a noodle bowl with shrimp sausage.  I also bought two small loafs of deep fried onion tofu ($.85 each).

Willy dropped me off and brought in my groceries. As soon as I put up the groceries and completed a deed, I ate the noodle bowl.  It was a revelatory experience.  I had sections filled with lettuce and bean sprouts, some fresh mint, soft steamed noodles garnished with slices of grilled shrimp sausage that was delicious, a section of sliced cucumber with sautéed green onions sprinkled on top, a covered cup of fish sauce in the middle and a small container of roasted, chopped peanuts.

I made a Vietnamese iced coffee with Suzette’s leftover coffee from breakfast mixed with a heaping T. of condensed milk and served in a glass filled of about .2%.  I had a harrowing experience at 7:47 in the morning.  Apple and the market started dropping so I sold my shares of Apple at $134.85 but soon it turned around and the market and Apple started to recover. I knew I was leaving so I bought it back at $135.09, a loss of $.24 cents.  As it turned out the buy back was the right decision because Apple ended the day around $135.35.  So I gambled but limited my loss when I saw the market turn a second time.  Of course I would have been better off to have done nothing.

At 4:45 I walked about 1/3 mile just to loosen my joints.

Suzette did not wish to cook dinner, which was fine with me because I did.  I wanted to stir fry the deep fried tofu and leftover shrimp sausage from lunch plus some extra frozen heads on shrimp with some snow peas, baby Bok Choy, onion, garlic, and ginger.


I chopped all the ingredients and made a seasoning sauce with rice vinegar, hoisin, soy, sesame oil, salt, sugar, broccoli, three large white mushrooms sliced, Chinese Cooking wine, cornstarch and water.

After the ingredients had steamed and been turned several times I added the seasoning sauce and then a bit more water to create a loose sauce.


  Before the seating sauce was added

After the seasoning sauce was added

 I heated some of the PPI rice I made several days ago and we ate a wonderful dinner.  Suzette drank water and I drank green tea.

I ate a chocolate chip cookie after dinner with a second cup of green tea.

I loved my day of Vietnamese and Chinese food shopping and lunch and dinner.

Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment