Monday, February 15, 2021

February 15, 2021 Breakfast – Lax and bagel Lunch – Salad Dinner - PPI Enchiladas garnished with chopped onion and avocado and sour cream with Steamed Asparagus.

 February 15, 2021 Breakfast – Lax and bagel   Lunch – Salad   Dinner - PPI Enchiladas garnished with chopped onion and avocado and sour cream with Steamed Asparagus.

I am trying to reduce the amount of food I eat or eat foods that ae not fattening.

So for Breakfast I toasted 1 slice of bagel instead of two and spread it with cream cheese and garnished it with a slice of onion, slices of lax and capers.  I am actively seeking to eat the smallest amount of food I can to sustain me.

At 1:00, I made a large salad with full head of romaine lettuce, a diced egg, a tomato, and a slice of onion and about ¼ of a cucumber plus three white anchovies and ¼ cup of grated Pecorino-Romano cheese.

I drank water with lunch.  Unfortunately, I felt a little weak and sleepy after lunch so I drank a glass of Iced Vietnamese coffee.

I watched Chelsea beat Sheffield United in soccer until 3:00 and at 3:30 drove to Sprouts Farmers’ Market to pick up a few items we needed.  I bought an Atlantic farm raised salmon fillet, and an aji tuna steak, some broccoli crowns on sale for $.98/lb. and a bunch of Asparagus for $1.98/lb. I also bought yogurt, sour cream, milk, cream cheese and a bottle of 2018 Edna Valley Pinot Noir for $13.99.

When I returned I was tired, so I made a cup of tea and ate a chocolate chip cookie with it to help regain my energy.

Suzette arrived shortly after I did and she watched TV while I read my book club book, Jack by Marilynne Robinson. She is highly rated, having won a Pulitzer Prize for her earlier book, Gilead, but I am having trouble appreciating her skill so far.  I have trouble with books that are not informative or deal with persons with difficult personalities for me to be sympathetic with and Jack is one of those personalities.

At 6:30, we made dinner.  I fetched the PPI enchiladas I made with the Texas Chili, avocado slices, grated mozzarella cheese and sautéed chopped onion and corn tortillas softened in green chili sauce and oil.

I also snapped 12 Asparagus and put them in the steamed with water and chopped some onion and an avocado.

Suzette cut and placed squares of enchiladas on two plates, covered them with saran, and heated them in the microwave.  I opened two Modelo Especial beers and put the sour cream and chopped avocado and onions on the table to garnish the enchiladas. 

We enjoyed this simple meal as we watched the Antiques Roadshow. Suzette was tired so she went to bed at 8:00 and I stayed up to watch an American Experience documentary on the life of Marian Anderson until 10:00 and then blogged this blog.

Bon Appetit   

No comments:

Post a Comment