Wednesday, February 17, 2021

February 17, 2021 Lunch - Sashimi Dinner – Grilled Fillet Mignon, PPI Scalloped Potatoes, and Steamed Asparagus.

 February 17, 2021 Lunch -  Sashimi   Dinner – Grilled Fillet Mignon, PPI Scalloped Potatoes, and Steamed Asparagus.

 Today illustrates that simple food can be delicious.

 For lunch I ate the leftover fresh salmon, aji Tuna, and scallops from yesterday with another bowl of sushi rice, pickled ginger and the leftover soy and wasabi combination with a cup of green tea, steamed asparagus and fresh sliced daikon.

I took a fillet out of the freezer to thaw.

This simple traditional Japanese dish was fresh, tasty and surprisingly filling.

After the market closed at 2:00 and I booked my .6% loss I napped until 5:15, when Suzette turned on the TV.

We only had to decide upon the vegetable, since we already had the remaining dish of scalloped potatoes to re-heat.  We decided to steam the last of the bunch of asparagus I bought at Sprouts on Sunday.

We wanted a good wine and decided to drink one of our good cabs, so I went to basement and fetched a bottle of 2010 Wellington Morhardt Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon.  It was perfect.  It smelled and tasted of mulberries with an incredibly clean taste that just improved for about an hour as we drank it.  I am so proud I bought several cases of this wine when the winery ceased operations.

After dinner, I sipped a sniffer of Calvados and we ate a square of two of chocolate.

A simple and delicious meal of top quality ingredients.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment