Tuesday, February 23, 2021

February 22, 2021 Brunch – PPI Chinese Fish Stew with Sushi Rice Dinner – PPI sautéed chicken with PPI Mashed Potatoes and Gravy and Sautéed Yellow Squash, Onion, and Red Bell Pepper.

 February 22, 2021 Brunch – PPI Chinese Fish Stew with Sushi Rice  Dinner – PPI sautéed chicken with PPI Mashed Potatoes and Gravy and Sautéed Yellow Squash, Onion, and Red Bell Pepper.

Today I waited until I was hungry before eating.  At 10:00 a.m. I heated a plate of PPI Chinese Fish Stew with Sushi Rice. I also caused the TV remote to stop playing volume by pushing buttons.

At 3:00 I toasted two slices of German Whole Wheat bread and made two open faced sandwiches, one of herring in wine sauce on a slice of red onion on sour cream and the other peanut butter and honey.

I then rode five miles south.  It was easy going south because I had a ten MPH tail wind, but the return north was a different matter.  I set the bike in 3rd gear and pushed home against the wind.  Rides with some wind resistance like this one help build muscle strength, so I love them, but 10 MPH is about my limit of fun.

When I returned home at 5:00 I made my traditional after-ride drink of Hot Buttered Rum.

Willy came by to do laundry and tried to fix the remote to no avail.  When Suzette came home she tried to no avail but she contacted Comcast Technical Support and they are working on the problem.

Suzette decided to grill the fresh halibut we bought at Costco yesterday at 5:00 tomorrow evening so we can do so before sundown and then we can eat outside.

So that meant we ate the two pieces of Chicken Thighs Suzette sautéed last night with the Mashed Potatoes and Cream Gravy she made for them.  This was a welcome alternative for dinner because we loved last night’s chicken dinner.

Tonight’s Vegetable was the question.  I suggested sautéing two yellow squash that were getting old with some onion and red bell pepper.  I cleaned up the squashes and sliced them and ½ onion and ½ of the red bell pepper and Suzette sautéed them in olive oil and butter with a dash of Herbs de Provence in a large skillet. Tonight’s addition of sautéed squash with onion and red bell pepper with herbs de Provence was even better than last night’s chicken with asparagus because I opened a bottle of 2012 Wellington Vineyard Roussanne.  Roussanne is one of the most common white grape varieties in the Southern Rhone.  The bottle we drank tonight had a floral bouquet and powerful acidity.  A wine of great character and very drinkable with dinner or after dinner to clear our palate.

We watched the two episodes of Antiques Roadshow and then went to bed.

I ate some Kirtland fruitcake with tea and a Calvados after dinner.

Bon Appetit      

No comments:

Post a Comment