Friday, February 26, 2021

February 24, 2021 Lunch – Halibut and Guacamole Quesadilla Dinner- Sautéed Fillet Mignon with sautéed Mushrooms, Baked Potato, and Asparagus

 

February 24, 2021 Lunch – Halibut and Guacamole Quesadilla   Dinner- Sautéed Fillet Mignon with sautéed Mushrooms, Baked Potato, and Asparagus

I woke up after 7:30 and immediately went to my computer and bought 300 shares of Square at $238.67.  Luckily it ended the day at bit above $240.00, so I made a small profit. My portfolio ended up .2% as Apple continues to fall.

 

I ate two toasted slices of bagel with cream cheese, slices of lax and red onion, and capers for breakfast.

I thawed a small fillet mignon for dinner at noon.

Suzette worked at home today.  At noon she decided to make a quesadilla with PPI grilled halibut steak and guacamole she found in the fridge inside a folded flour tortilla.  It was delicious.  We split a Modelo Special beer and ate at the table in the garden under the gazebo for a lovely al fresco lunch,

At 3:00 I napped until 5:00 and then we walked ½ mile in the neighborhood.

When we returned from our walk I poked holes in four Yukon gold potatoes and Suzette baked them in the oven at 375 degrees for an hour.

I sliced four Portobello mushrooms and minced a shallot and a clove of garlic and Suzette snapped the ends off eight thick asparagus and put them in the steamer with water.

She then cut the steak in half horizontally to make two 1 inch thin steaks and salted and peppered the steaks and sautéed them in a cast iron skillet.

I put two T. of butter and 1 T. of olive oil in a skillet and sautéed the mushrooms, garlic and shallot and sautéed them while the other two dishes were cooking.

After about ten minutes I added about 1 ½ T. of Amontillado sherry to the mushrooms.

I then opened a bottle of 2015 La Gitana Spanish Rioja bought recently at Costco.

Everything was ready at about the same time.  Suzette plated the steak and covered it with the sautéed mushrooms and put a baked potato on the plate and four asparagus each and split the potato with a knife and added pats of butter to the potato.  I sliced two green onions thinly and place the ringlets in a bowl and fetched the sour cream and put it on the table and poured glasses of wine.

We had an amazingly delicious steak dinner.  The fillet was melt in your mouth delicious, especially with the sautéed mushrooms and shallot and the asparagus were perfectly cooked, tender but still slightly firm to the tooth.

The wine got better as we let it air out for about 45 minutes. We will buy more and open it at least 39 minutes before the meal.

After dinner I had a Calvados with a piece of Chantilly Bakery Fruit cake and a cup of tea.

Big Bon Appetit

 

No comments:

Post a Comment