Monday, February 1, 2021

February 1, 2021 Lunch – Bacon and Egg Salad. Dinner – PPI Lamb and Garbanzo Stew with Couscous

February 1, 2021 Lunch – Bacon and Egg Salad. Dinner – PPI Lamb and Garbanzo Stew with Couscous

I ate yogurt, blueberries, milk, and granola for breakfast.  Then at 1:00 I made a salad with the PPI bacon we fried last Saturday and I hard boiled 3 eggs.  I used one egg, a tomato, three green onions, and a head of lettuce to make the salad and dressed it with the Cesar salad dressing.

I sliced a piece of French baguette into three slices that I toasted and buttered and melted slices of Jarlsberg cheese onto them.


Suzette has eaten heavy Mexican food for lunch so drank a beer and later a bowl of yogurt with blueberries to settle her stomach.

I heated some of the lamb stew with garbanzo beans, butternut squash,  raisins, carrots, potatoes, and onion that we made using the package of Channa Marsala as a base.

I laid the stew in a pile of Couscous and ate tzatziki with it and drank a glass of rose wine for dinner.


After dinner we watched the Antiques Roadshow and then a special on the life of Mabel Dodge Lujan  ended the evening at 10:00 with the documentary created by our local PBS affiliate titled “The Long Journey”  about the Jews who fled the Inquisition in Spain by emigrating to the Southwest, especially rural New Mexico.  It was very moving to see how so many people of converse origins reconnected to their Jewish ancestry.

At 8:15 I made chocolate chocolate chip cookies.  This batch was a proper batch that did not collapse. 


 wonderful day of clean food and the added benefit of a rise in the stock market of 1%, even though I was sold out of Google and lost the $65 per share increase.


Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment