Tuesday, February 9, 2021

February 9, 2021 Lunch – PPI Texas Chili. Dinner – Hamburger steak with Roasted Potatoes and Butternut Squash and Steamed Broccoli

February 9, 2021 Lunch – PPI Texas Chili. Dinner – Hamburger steak with Roasted Potatoes and Butternut Squash and Steamed Broccoli

I ate granola, blueberries, sliced banana, milk, and yogurt for breakfast.

I heated a bowl of Texas chili garnished with mozzarella cheese, corn chips, and sour cream for lunch.

I listened to the jurisdiction arguments in the impeachment of Trump starting at 11:00 and heard the entire House argument but I went to an appointment at 1:15 so missed most of the Trump response.

History is being made as the senate tries the first president to be impeached twice and the first President to incite insurrection against the government.

I heard the vote at 3:15 and was happy that the impeachment trial will proceed.

I worked on the new puzzle in the late afternoon and evening after dinner and Finding your roots.

Dinner was really tasty. Suzette and I decided to roast the remaining ½ baked butternut squash and six or seven creamer potatoes. I diced them and placed them in a pyrex baking dish with cloves of garlic and rosemary.  Suzette tossed the ingredients in olive oil, salt, and pepper and roasted them covered for 30 minutes covered with aluminum foil and uncovered for another 20 minutes. 

I formed hamburger 4 hamburger patties from the package of ground beef we bought at Costco on Saturday.

Willy called and we invited him to dinner at 7;00.I sliced 5 portobello mushrooms and1/2 shallot and a sweet onion andi sautéed those as Suzette grilled the hamburgers outside on the grill.

I also cut florets from two stalks of broccoli and put them in the steamer with water.  When Suzette put the hamburgers on the grill I started sautéing the mushrooms and onions in butter and olive oil and started the steamer.

I opened a bottle of 2011 La Vega de Origon Gran Reserva from the Terra Alta region in Spain. It is 40% Syrah and 60% Grenache, similar to aSouthern Rhone blend $5.99 at Costco.




 When We brought the hamburgers in I lay slices of Manchego cheese on them and Suzette covered them with aluminum foil so they would continue to cook and melt the cheese.



We loved dinner andi was pleased that we were re-emphasizing flavors again.

Bon Appetit  


No comments:

Post a Comment