Friday, February 5, 2021

February 5, 2021 Lunch – 2000 Vietnam No. 21. Dinner – Grilled Fillet Mignon and Asparagus and Roasted Potatoes

February 5, 2021 Lunch – 2000 Vietnam No. 21. Dinner – Grilled Fillet Mignon and Asparagus and Roasted Potatoes

I enjoyed today a lot because it felt normal, some legal work, lunch with a friend, a nap, and picking up a check for legal work.

I ate granola with milk, yogurt, and grapes for breakfast.

I revised and filed a pleading before lunch.

Then I called 2000 Vietnam and ordered 2 No.21’s, Bun Cha Gio with marinated grilled pork.  This is my favorite summer time dish with three layers of ingredients. The bottom layer contains chopped lettuce,  cucumbers, and herbs.  The middle layer is a warm pile of fluffy steamed rice noodles and the top layer contains two fried egg rolls cut into four pieces and a quantity of flat marinated grilled pork.  I love this dish and eat it almost every week.  I feel the need to support 2000 Vietnam with my dollars and my stomach in hopes that it will survive.

When I returned home Peter was waiting and I made him a glass of iced coffee and I took a glass of water and we ate our lunch under the gazebo in the cool sunlight.

After lunch I thawed two filet Mignons and then napped for an hour and then drafted a secretary’s certificate for one of my new transactions

.  I then drove to Shahin’s office to deliver the certificate and pick up a check for my services.

I then drove to the bank and then to Costco to fill the gas tank.

When I returned at 5:15 Suzette was just arriving after a hard day.  I went for a ½ Mile walk at a reasonable pace.

When I returned I picked seven or eight stalks of rosemary and then prepped creamer potatoes, garlic, and ¾ of a Texas sweet onion.

Suzette then salted and peppered and tossed the potatoes with olive oil and roasted them in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes.

Suzette the snapped the ends off a handful of asparagus and tossed them in a freezer bag with olive oil, salt, and pepper and grilled them with the two fillets I had thawed.

While the potatoes were roasting I toasted two slices of French baguette and buttered them. I then garnished them with thin slices of red onion and the newly cured Gravad Lax and smeared them with Lax sauce, a combination of olive oil, Swedish mustard, and dill. Suzette and I proved then with a glass of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc. We loved the hint of mandarin orange powder she put in the mix used to cure the salmon.

Willy arrived at 6:45 and opened the bottle of Argentinian Malbec from Mendoza.

Suzette then Grilled the steaks and asparagus on the propane grill outside.

 After about10 Minutes I removed the Pyrex baking dish full of roasted potatoes from the oven and soon Suzette brought in the grilled steaks and asparagus. Mi sliced the ½ avocado as a garnish and sliced the filets and each filled our plates and I poured wine and we ate hardly and with much pleasure.  Willy went back for seconds and we finished off the bottle with dinner.

It was a delicious meal.  Willy queued up episodes 2, 3, and 4 of the Durrells in Corfu for a fun evening. 

Willy left after episode 4, Suzette went to bed and I blogged.

                                                         The Gravad Lax Sandwiches

Dinner 



  The market was somewhat benign today giving me a small gain,

Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment