Saturday, February 20, 2021

February 20, 2021 Breakfast – PPI Oatmeal Lunch – PPI Enchiladas Dinner – Stir Fried PPI Shrimp and Vegetables, Mackerel, and Salmon with Rice

 

February 20, 2021 Breakfast – PPI Oatmeal   Lunch – PPI Enchiladas  Dinner – Stir Fried PPI Shrimp and Vegetables, Mackerel, and Salmon with Rice

 In our scheme of cooking where we cook and then integrate previous dishes into new dishes there always come days like this, when you have lots of leftovers and they really don’t lend themselves to creative integration into new dishes.  The only thing left to do at that point is to eat the PPI’s and that is what we did today.

 For breakfast I heated a bowl of PPI oatmeal with some milk and a tsp. of brown sugar.  I loved it.

 We went to the Nature Center for a walk and to see the waterfowl before lunch and when we returned around 1:00 we heated the last of the enchiladas I made last week.  I fried two eggs over easy to garnish mine and sliced ½ of an avocado and got out a new container of sour cream mainly for Suzette, They were just as delicious as they had been last week, especially with Modelo Especials.

 For dinner I got out three containers, one of PPI Shrimp and shrimp sausage and Deep fried tofu and vegetable stir fry, plus one of broiled mackerel, and one of Grilled salmon and rice and couscous. I stir fried them all together with a chopped clove of garlic and minced nub of ginger and doused the mixture with hoisin and Chinese Rice Wine to emulsify the mixture.  Suzette heated the PPI rice and couscous and added some of the sushi rice I made this week.  She scooped a pile of rice into each bowl and we added the stir fry mixture for what I can only describe as a hardy Chinese Fish and vegetable stew.  Suzette drank the last of the Chloe Pinot Grigio and I drank Chinese green tea.

 I was very happy with all the meals today and we were happy to get rid of all those unused PPI’s.

 I finished the evening after Suzette went to bed watching a program of Austin City Limits featuring Will Nelson and Family that lifted my spirits after finishing another well written but depressing Book Club selection, this one was Jack by Marilynne Robinson.

 Nothing like an hour with Willy and the Austin crowd singing to lift one’s spirits.

 Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment