Thursday, August 15, 2024

August 14, 2024 Breakfast - Lax and Bagel, Lunch - Vietnam 2000 Dinner - Spring Rolls and Peach Cobbler

 August 14, 2024 Breakfast - Lax and Bagel, Lunch - Vietnam 2000 Dinner - Spring Rolls and Peach Cobbler


I had another lazy day because I felt weak. At 9:00 I toasted two slices of bagel and spread them with cream cheese and garnished them with slices of onion and Gravad lax and capers with a cup of tea.


At 1:00 I drove to Vietnam 2000 and order Flour sheets with grilled pork and fried Egg Rolls, my new favorite dish because the strips of flour sheets are covering a pile of sautéed mung bean sprouts and cucumber sticks. The dish is served with a medium sized bowl of fish sauce that one dips the ingredients into to flavor them. Quite a lovely dish.



I ordered three orders of spring rolls and was given an extra Container of peanut sauce and fish sauce packed in a styrofoam to go box.


As it turned out the spring rolls became our dinner with a bowl of peach cobbler. We also went to the garden and picked cherry tomatoes and basil leaves. I minced the basil leaves and Suzette garnished the tomatoes with dollops of goat cheese and a balsamic and olive oil dressing that we ate with our dinner.





It was a lovely day of food, as I fill up on Vietnamese food that I doubt I will see on the trip.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment