Saturday, August 17, 2024

August 16, 2024 Lunch - Pho Linh Vietnam Dinner - Grilled Ribeye Steak with Sautéed Kale and Chard and Onions and sautéed Onions

August 16, 2024 Lunch - Pho Linh Vietnam Dinner - Grilled Ribeye Steak with Sautéed Kale and Chard and Onions and sautéed Onions


Today I discovered what may be the best Vietnamese restaurant in Albuquerque, Pho Linh Vietnam at 9100 Central SE. I ordered what I usually order Bun Cha Gio with Grilled pork and was served a large platter with the usual salad of lettuce and cucumber sticks on one side, a pile of mung bean sprouts in the middle and on the other side a pile of boiled vermicelli noodles topped with small regular pieces of grilled marinated pork and one egg roll cut into three pieces Topped with crushed roasted peanuts. The sumptuous platter of food was beautifully arranged. 


I enjoyed lunch even more because Robert and I had one of our lively conversations and I thank him for introducing me to the restaurant.


After lunch it was 100 degrees, so I went home and sipped a Vietnamese iced coffee and watched the first PL soccer match of the season and the market close. Manchester United beat Fulham 1 to 0 and I had a small gain in the market of about 1/2%.


What is remarkable was this was the sixth day up gains in the NASDAQ and my portfolio regained over 71% of the loss since the August 2 meltdown from the collapse of the Japanese foreign exchange carriage trade.


At 4:30 I returned my library book and delivered a check to the Tap Room and then I called Suzette and we decided I would drive toLowe’s and buy hamburger meat for dinner.


But when I arrived at the meat department I saw beautiful .65 lb. ribeye steaks for $16.00 per lb.  So I decided to buy a ribeye steak for $10.52


When I returned home around 5:30 we decided to sauté kale and chard so I went to the garden and gathered a basket of leaves that I rinsed, de-stemmed and cut into long thin strips with a chiffonade cut.


I also minced about 3 oz. of onion and three 1/3 inch thick onion slices for sautéing.


She salted and peppered and grilled the steak and while it cooked sautéed the greens with the minced onion and in a separate skillet sautéed the onion rings in butter and olive oil and filled soup bowls with PPI Vichyssoise.


Suzette even picked the dinner wine, a 1995 Fetzer Valley Oaks Cabernet Sauvignon that seemed to be a little rough at first but got better as it opened up and smoothed and expressed its fruit. I found it a graceful bottle of wine considering it was 29 years old.  We loved the cab with the tender steak cooked to medium rare laid on a pile of sautéed greens and garnished with caramelized onions.








After dinner we watched the news and sipped the rest of the wine with blood orange Lindors.


I then fetched a new bottle of Bernenroy XO Calvados and another bottle of Maison Serene from the basement and each sipped a bit more spirits with Lindors.


We went to bed around 9:00.


Bon Appetit

 

No comments:

Post a Comment