Sunday, August 11, 2024

August 6, 2024 Lunch - Crab Salad. Dinner - Pizza

August 6, 2024 Lunch - Crab Salad.  Dinner - Pizza 


Today I spent most of the day watching the Olympics, although from 5:00 to 10:00 we processed  about 75 lb. of peaches produced by our peach tree. We cut crisscross slits in the base, boiled them for 90 seconds and then peeled off the skins. They are not free stone peaches so we had to slice slices off the pit. It was a messy job and the slices were irregular. We bagged four cups of peaches to a freezer bag and we processed 12 bags or 12 quarts.  We will use them to make peach cobblers during the winter.


This morning around 10:00 I ate a bowl of granola with milk, peach slices, and yogurt.


I then returned the unused four bundles of cedar shakes for a credit. When I returned home I drove the BMW to Goodyear downtown to have air put into the tires.


Then around noon I made a salad with romaine lettuce and the leftover tomato wedges, green onions, cucumber sticks, a pinch of crab, and egg slices and dressed the salad with the crab dressing I made for the crab.



I drank water with lunch.


When Suzette came home at 5:00 we watched the announcement of Tim Walz‘ selection as Harris’ running mate for Vice President.


We then processed approximately 75 lb. of peaches in 5 hours. 


Willy was kind enough to bring us pizzas for dinner so we did not need to stop processing to fix dinner.




The best Olympic moment for me was two Americans running in the 1500 who outran two world champions to finishing second by .01 of a second.


It was an exciting day of Olympic competitions.


We said goodnight to Willy and went to bed shortly after we finished peeling and processing peaches at 10:00.


Bon Appetit







 

No comments:

Post a Comment