Tuesday, August 13, 2024

August 12, 2024 Breakfast - Scallop, rice, onion, green bell pepper, Egg Foo Young Lunch - Bao Sa. Dinner - Grilled Lamb Chops with Fried Rice and Roasted Vegetables

August 12, 2024 Breakfast - Scallop, rice, onion, green bell pepper, Egg Foo Young Lunch - Bao Sa. Dinner - Grilled Lamb Chops with Fried Rice and Roasted Vegetables


I watched Morning Joe and Squawk on the Street until 7;50. At 8:15 I made breakfast.  I first stir fried garlic, green bell pepper, and onion slices. I then added rice and sliced scallops, pickled ginger, pickled daikon and stir fried those ingredients. Finally, I added two eggs and stirred in thoroughly and let the mixture sit in the wok while I made a cup of tea and toasted a flour tortilla on the gas burner of the stove.


Then I turned the mixture over and cooked it for another minute or two.






I then lay the tortilla on a plate and lay the egg Foo Young on top of the tortilla and ate it with a cup of tea.


After breakfast I drove to Susan’s and picked up Suzette’s package of La Mer.


I then drove to Sandia Dental for my 10:00 dental appointment but it was closed due to a pneumonia electrical outage, so I drove back to Costco and picked up my prescription.


I then drove home and drank a glass of cold water and then walked to the bank to cash a check.


By 11:45 I had taken 3500 steps when I returned home.  I was feeling better and rested and read my book club book, The Mapmaker’s Wife.


At 1:00 I heated two bao Sa and went the garden and picked three chives that I cut into thin ringlets and added to a bowl of soy and a few drops of chili oil. I made a cup of Chinese green tea and heated the bao Sa in the microwave for 1 minute and 35 seconds.



The Bao Sa were delicious and tender.


After I ate I checked the market and I had had a good day in the market.


It is hard to predict the market that seems to be Schizophrenic these days. The same data can send it in different directions on alternating days. Low unemployment claims can signal an be a positive indicator of a soft landing of economic of the economy one day and on the next day trigger a sell off, when some believe the lower unemployment rate signals that the Fed will not institute the desired interest rate cut in September that many have predicted would spur the market. 


Suzette came home around 5:00. I had thawed two lamb chops in the morning that had thawed, so when asked, “What’s for dinner?.”


I answered, “Lamb chops, roasted root vegetables and mashed potatoes.”  The mashed potatoes had gone bad, so Suzette sautéed the roasted root vegetables with the PPI rice.   Suzette marinated the lamb chops in mint jelly and grilled them on the grill.


When the lamb chops were cooked Suzette spooned a pile of the sautéed roasted vegetables and rice into bowls and rested a grilled lamb chop on each pile.


I opened a bottle of Côtes du Rhône red I bought at Trader Joe’s and we had a lovely light meal made better by dipping pieces of lamb into Suzette’s homemade mint jelly.


We watched the Antique roadshow and ate a few bites of PPI clafoutis and went to bed around 8:30.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment