Monday, August 5, 2024

August 5, 2024 Lunch - Enchiladas and rice. Dinner - Dungeness crab salad

August 5, 2024 Lunch - Enchiladas and rice. Dinner - Dungeness crab salad 


I ate a pain au chocolate and a latte macchiato for breakfast again.


I watched Olympic beach volleyball and indoor volleyball in the morning and mixed doubles skeet. The Norwegians buried one US beach volleyball pair but the other US team prevailed over a Brazilian pair.  The most amazing win was a comeback by the Italians to beat the Japanese after being two sets down.


I made rice at 11:15 that was ready when Mike came at 12:00. We heated enchiladas and rice and drank beer for lunch. Then Mike helped me load four bundles of shakes into the Prius. Then Mike picked sage, thym e, basil, mint, and rosemary from the garden To take home to cook with.


We then picked a flat of peaches and Mike left with a bag of peaches and the herbs and my thanks for the help.  Mike said he had run 10 1/2 miles this morning, which made my ride of 1 mile on the recumbent bike insignificant.


I registered 2640 steps today, although many of them were out in the hot sun, so I felt 5hem more.


After Mike left I rested and napped and watched Spain beat Morocco in soccer and the last few minutes of France beating Egypt in soccer and slept until 3:30 when Suzette arrived.


I drove to RWC to return the bundles of shakes but when I arrived a few minutes after 4:00 they were closed. I will go back tomorrow morning.


When I returned Suzette was hungry, so I asked her to mince a shallot and cover the pieces with lemon juice.  When I went to the kitchen around 5:30  


I added catsup, a tsp. of horseradish, and 2/3 cup of Mayo to make my crab dressing.


Suzette put ice on a tray and put the crab on it. 


I sliced two tomatoes into wedges, three green onions, 1/2 of a peeled and seeded cucumber into sticks, five lettuce leaves, and Suzette steamed the remaining large handful of asparagus for a salad for the crab. We opened and drank a bottle of Gruet Blanc de Noir champagne ($11.99 at Costco).


Later Suzette made us parfaits with vanilla ice cream and fresh sliced peaches. After that I poured cognacs with a blood orange Lindt Lindor.


We went to bed at 9:00.


Suzette to sleep and I to blog and read.


Today there was a historic drop in the market of over 1000 points on the Dow. That has not occurred in over two years. The precipitating factor was the sudden and dramatic rise in the Japanese yen.


Bon Appetit





No comments:

Post a Comment