Sunday, August 11, 2024

August 11, 2024. Lunch - Toasted Bagel with Cream cheese, Humboldt Fog cheese, and salami Dinner - PPI Enchiladas

 August 11, 2024. Lunch - Toasted Bagel with Cream cheese, Humboldt Fog cheese, and salami Dinner - PPI Enchiladas 


Suzette went to work this morning and I rested and watched the Olympics. The US women played a thrilling one point victory basketball game against a spirited French team who led by several points at one point in the game.


I ate a pain au chocolates and a cup of tea for breakfast. 


I also watched the Swedes win Men’s Beach Volleyball and the two men’s water polo games and finally, the women’s Marathon in which a Dutch runner set a new Olympic record.


Around noon I felt weak so I toasted a bagel, spread it with cream cheese, and then Humboldt Fog cheese and finally slices of salami. I drank a cup of Earl Grey tea with it.


I tried to ride my bike but I was too weak to get my leg over the top bar of the frame. I guess I will need to ride a woman’s bike with the drop frame.


I read and blogged until 3:45 when I got up and made Vichyssoise. I sliced 4 cups each of potatoes and leeks and added 2 quarts of chicken and vegetable stock to them in a Le Creuset casserole and added 1 T. of salt and simmered those ingredients for an hour. Then Suzette emulsified the soup and helped me put th casserole in the fridge.


We heated squares of PPI enchiladas and Suzette added sour cream.


I added minced red onion and sour cream and heated the enchiladas again for 1 minute and 23 seconds in the microwave to cook the onions and heat the sour cream. I used to love the blue corn, sour cream enchiladas at M and J tortilla Company and these reminded me of those. Heating sour cream gives it a firmer texture that I find very flavorful.


After dinner we watched Hotel Portofino and then read and blogged in our bedroom to avoid a mosquito in the TV room.


I drank a glass of Herhal liquor and two Lindt Bllod orange Lindors and went to bed.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment