Saturday, August 3, 2024

August 3, 2024 Lunch - Pita Sandwich, Hot dog, and Hamburger. Dinner - Yellow Squash and Chicken Enchiladas

August 3, 2024 Lunch - Pita Sandwich, Hot dog, and Hamburger. Dinner - Yellow Squash and Chicken Enchiladas 


I woke up early again and watched the men’s road race of 170 miles until 5:45 when I went back to bed for 2 more hours’ sleep and then after I awakened again watched the end of the race under the Eiffel Tower.  Remco Evenpoel, a Belgium who came third in the Tour de France won today’s road race to go with the gold he won last week in the time trial. This double gold was quite a feat, but Evenpoel is the current world champion time trial rider and won a time trial in the Tour de France several weeks ago.p, so was favored to win the race today.


Apparently, I missed the U. S. Women soccer team beat the Japanese, but I saw two of the other quarterfinals, Germany beating Canada and Spain beating Colombia, both on penalty kicks.


I ate a pain au chocolate with a cup of Latte macchiato mixed with the last bit of my hot chocolate from last night around 9:00. When Suzette went to work. Today was the first concert in the park at the Center.


Then at 12:30 I made a pita sandwich by stuffing a warmed 1/2 pita with salami, feta, labni, lettuce p, and tzatziki.  A few minutes after I ate Suzette returned from the concert and lunch with two cheeseburgers, a hot dog, and a scoop of potato salad made with dill pickle chunks in a take out box that she heated. We shared a Negra Modelo and we each ate a cheeseburger and I ate the hot dog for a big lunch.




I rode 1 mile in the morning and 1 mile in the afternoon on the recombinant bike and accumulated 2750 steps or 1 mile of steps. One mile on the stationary bike results in about 850 steps.


I napped in the afternoon and at 6:00 we started dinner. 


Dinner - 


Suzette blended a can of tomatoes with Clamato juice to make 3 cups of thick tomato Sauce.


I downloaded the recipe for The Shed’s red chili sauce. Here is the recipe.  We substituted tomato sauce for water and I made the chili sauce. Then I sliced three yellow squash, minced three cloves of garlic, and diced a medium onion. I then diced the boiled chicken meat.


Suzette sautéed the onion, garlic and squash while I fetched a lb. of sour cream and a lb. of requeson from the garage. We then soaked blue corn tortillas in a mixture of chicken broth, red chili and water and lay a layer of six soaked tortillas on the bottom of a 9 x 16 Pyrex baking dish. We then added the squash and drizzled it with sour cream and red chili, then we added another layer of chili soaked tortillas, then the chopped chicken meat and requeson and red chili, Finally we added a third layer of six chili soaked tortillas on top of the chicken. I grated the wedge of Asiago cheese and we covered the top of the tortillas with grated cheese and the rest of the red chili.


We placed the baking dish on a cookie sheet and then baked the enchiladas for approximately 45 minutes to melt everything.




I fetched two Negra Modelos and we drank beer and ate enchiladas for dinner.


After dinner we watched swimming and at 9:00 Death in Paradise. 


Suzette went to bed at 10:00. Finally around 10:30 I watched Katie Ledecky win the 800 freestyle, but she was pressed by Titmus of Australia.


At 11:00 I went to bed to blog this blog entry and read. 


Bon Appetit






No comments:

Post a Comment