Sunday, August 18, 2024

August 18, 2024 Brunch - Bacon, Eggs, sautéed cubed Sweet potatoes, and Toast. Dinner - PPI Chicken and Squash Enchiladas.

August 18, 2024 Brunch - Bacon, Eggs, sautéed cubed Sweet potatoes, and Toast. Dinner - PPI Chicken and Squash Enchiladas.


I woke up at 5:30 and worked on my letter to the LRGA litigants until 8:00.


Then Suzette and I made reservations to visit two caves near San Vicente, Chufin in Cantabria and Pindal in Asturias.


I ate a pain au chocolate with a cup of Earl Grey tea and then pruned the patio rose bush and at 9:40 began watching the big PL match of the weekend, Chelsea v. Man City.  Willy arrived around 10:00 and watched it with me. 


Around 10:30 Suzette after her aerobic session in the hot tub and showing Willy the watering cycles and timers in the yard, made brunch. She asked Willy whether he wanted sausage or bacon and when he said he wanted bacon, she fried about ten slices of bacon and then fried five eggs and cubed a sweet potato and sautéed the cubes. I toasted three slices of Baguette and buttered them and gave two to Willy and I took one and we spread plum preserves we were given at the winery in Portugal last year on the toast.


Willy and Suzette drank coffee and I drank tea with breakfast.


Willy left around 12:30 after the soccer match ended with a Man City win 1 to 0 and helping me compress and transmit my letter to the Court Clerk who will distribute it.


I then packed and then napped until 3:30, when Suzette and I selected the shirts I will take on the trip.


AT 6:00 I heated the last of the enchiladas and fetched the sour cream and a Carlsberg beer from the fridge. I garnished my enchiladas with sour cream and minced onions, which is one of my favorite ways to eat enchiladas.  Bea at M&J Tortilla factory used to make wonderful sour cream stuffed blue corn enchiladas.


We watched 60 Minutes that was particularly sad about a doctor who treats citizens whose legs have been blown up by Russian mines.


Then we watched Hotel Portofino and I drank a glass of yogurt drink to calm my stomach from a possible revolt due to the enchiladas. At 9:00 Suzette cut my hair and then we went to bed.


We are getting ready for our trip and it is hectic and quite exciting.


This will be the second time I have crossed the Atlantic in Business class and I hope to sleep.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment