Wednesday, August 7, 2024

August 7, 2024 Lunch - Breakfast - Bagel with Gravad Lax, Lunch - Hot Dog at Costco, Dinner - Spaghetti with Crab and Smoked Pork Cutlet Cream and white Wine Sauce with Broccoli

August 7, 2024 Lunch - Breakfast - Bagel with Gravad Lax,  Lunch - Hot Dog at Costco, Dinner - Spaghetti with Crab and Smoked Pork Cutlet Cream and white Wine Sauce with Broccoli


I got up early and worked at my desk from 6:00 until 10:00 when I toasted a bagel and preadolescent it with cream cheese and garnished it with slices of red onion and Gravad lax and drizzled it with a few capers.  I drank a cup of Earl Grey tea.




Then at 11:45 I drove to my dentist and made an appointment for teeth cleaning on Monday and bought a tube of toothpaste.


I then went to Pres for a 12:30 exam to see if I had any infection or possibly Covid. After my exam I was swabbed for a lab test.


At 1:00 I drove to Costco where I ate a hot dog for lunch, bought a flannel shirt, and picked some meds.




I returned home at 3:00 and checked my portfolio. I discovered that the early gains had been wiped out and my portfolio had another losing day.

That makes a reduction in my portfolio of 10% in the last two weeks. Rather dismal.


I lay down to nap and got up at 5:30. 


We decided on a simple recipe for dinner using the ingredients we had available. Suzette reheated the spaghetti we made last week and sautéed the leftover crab from Sunday with a minced smoked pork cutlet, minced broccoli, and 1/2 shallot. She then added white wine, cream, nutmeg and a bit of lemon juice to the crab to make a light sauce.  Suzette opened a botyle of Kirkland Pinot Grigio Fruili from Venezia to add to the sauce and we drank it for dinner. I love this wine and for $4.99 at Costco, it is an unbeatable value.




After dinner we watched the news and did a little yard work to get water to several plants.


Suzette tried to adjust the sprinkler system to water the beds every other day. We hope it works.


Kamala had a massive 14,000 person crowd in Michigan today, so the Democratic wave keeps rolling. The polling seems to have turned in her favor in Michigan which is good news for her chances at being elected.


We went to bed at 9:30 after cognac and chocolate covered mandarin peel.


Bon Appetit





No comments:

Post a Comment