Saturday, July 1, 2023

June 30, 2023 Lunch - Leftover No. 30 from Vietnam 2000, Dinner at Debbie’s, Oysters and Shrimp.

June 30, 2023 Lunch - Leftover No. 30 from Vietnam 2000, Dinner at Debbie’s, Oysters and Shrimp.


I ate granola again this morning.


Then I walked to the bank and did some banking and walked home.


When I returned I called to get total dividend payments for two stocks for 2022.  I seem to have misplaced the Form 1099’s.


I also solved the problem of the tax penalty for non-filing of a tax return for for one of the children’s trusts and called BIlly to explain it.


I also turned down a request from a lawyer to serve as a court appointed administrator of a contested probate.


I am fighting one contested probate already and that is enough.


At 2:00 I gathered a small handful of Thai basil leaves, two sprigs of mint, and the leftover 1/2 of the No. 30 from yesterday’s lunch at Vietnam 2000.  No. 30 is bun: lettuce, herbs, and mung bean sprouts on the bottom, cooked rice vermicelli noodles in the middle, and egg rolls and grilled marinated pork on top.  I also made a glass of Iced Vietnamese coffee and fetched the cilantro and garnished the Vietnamese leftovers with basil, mint, and cilantro and enjoyed a pleasant lunch.


After lunch I finished paying the IRS penalty assessment and unpaid tax and prepared a deposit for three royalty checks paid to the Flo Simon trust.


At 4:00 I drove to El Super and shopped for produce.  I bought parsley, green onions, oranges, mangos, a pineapple, a papaya, red and white onions, leeks, an eggplant, limes, gala apples, lemons, and tomatoes; everything I will need to make Tabouli when I obtain some Bulgar wheat and tropical fruit salad next week.


Suzette was home when I returned and we packed a basket with a Gruet rose’ and a Domaine de Tamaray rose’ and the bowl of cocktail sauce and drove to Whole Foods to pick up six dozen oysters.


We then drove to Debbie’s house and were greeted by Melissa who was staying there and Debbie, who had just undergone eye surgery.


Jason joined us a little later. There was a lovely platter of large boiled  peeled shrimp and cocktail sauce and a plastic container of seasoned baguette slices.


Melissa poured the Tamaray and then the Gruet rose we brought as we ate and ate until we finished all 72 oysters and most of the shrimp.


Debbie was distraught because Jeff just had surgery on cancerous lesions in his brain and the prospects are not good. He is in California and getting ready to do six weeks of chemo therapy.


It was a rather sad evening although I enjoyed speaking to Jason about an easement issue he had in his new job in the easement department at PNM.


We watched the sunset and left at 9:30.


When we returned home Suzette ate some clafoutis and I ate some ice cream with chocolate syrup and whipped cream.


Suzette went to bed and I stayed up to watch “The Monument Men” and blog this entry still firing on all cylinders from the iced coffee I drank.


Today was one of those monster days in the market when everything goes up and you think you are a genius.  My portfolio increased in value by 1.8% which will probably be 20% of my gain for the year.


Bon Appetit






No comments:

Post a Comment