Thursday, July 13, 2023

July 13, 2023 Breakfast - Hot Chocolate, Pain au Chocolate and the Tour, Lunch - Leftover No. 9. From Padilla’s, Dinner - PPI Chicken Curry and Rice

July 13, 2023 Breakfast - Hot Chocolate, Pain au Chocolate and the Tour, Lunch - Leftover No. 9. From Padilla’s,  Dinner - PPI Chicken Curry and Rice


I awakened at 6:00 and walked to the Country Club and back at 6:30 and then watched the news and the Tour de France until 9:30 and then went to Willy’s apartment to open the door to his apartment so Henry could move the patio furniture into the apartment so the patio was unencumbered so the deck could be replaced.





I then worked on a pleading until 1:00 and ate my leftover 1/2 of No. 9 from lI punch at Padilla’s the other day with a Dos Equis.


 Then at 2:30 I checked my portfolio and was pleased that it was up another 1.4% today. So the roller coaster ride in the market is getting more interesting.  From my baseline at the end of 2021 my portfolio went up 25% last year. Then earlier this year it went down 62% from the high and 22.2% from the base line.  Today it was up 46.5% from the low, up 13.8% from the baseline and was 11.66% from the all time high. A reason to cheer and hope that the expectation that the economy will not go into recession prevails. The market is on a massive run with no slowdown in sight.


I stopped working at 6:00 and watched the news and then Suzette and I brought in the chicken curry and several beers.


Suzette fetched the peanuts from the camper and I crushed a handful and heated the curry and added two handfuls of raisins and fetched the shredded coconut and the bottles of lime and mixed pickles, raita, and mango chutney and heated the rice.


We plated our bowls with rice and curry plus raita, mango chutney and I added mixed pickle and sweet lime pickle for a lovely dinner.






At 8:00 we watched a wonderful episode of Midsomer Mystery from 1999 and went to bed at 9:30.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment