Thursday, July 20, 2023

July 20, 2023 Lunch - Sashimi Dinner - Lamb and Tabouli Pita Pocket Sandw

 July 20, 2023 Lunch - Sashimi  Dinner - Lamb and Tabouli Pita Pocket Sandwiches


It was a busy day mainly with sports and concentrated business dealings.


I started by lining up a transaction to Chloe’s a loan for a client on Monday at 7:15.  Then I made breakfast of granola, milk. Apple and pear compote, and yogurt and watched the FIFA Women’s World Championship first match in which New Zealand beat Norway. Then I watched an amazing Stage 18 of the Tour in which four riders stayed ahead of the Peloton for less than 1 1/2 minutes for over 115 miles and beat the peloton to the finish line by less than 4 seconds.   Have never seen a stage were the peloton was so close for so long and did not catch the break.


Then at 10:00 I turned the Gravad lax that had cured for 24 hours over to cure the other fillet for 24 hours and then watched the second Women’s world cup match in which host Australia beat Republic of Ireland.




Rahim called and I voted him over for a lunch of sashimi.


I then prepared an Operating Agreement for a new corporate client.


At noon I filled a platter with three thawed and sliced scallops, a peeled, seeded, and sliced 1/4 of a cucumber, and two sliced radishes, 1/2 of a tuna steak, and two small pieces of salmon 


I filled dipping bowls with wasabi paste and soy and a bowl with pickled ginger and made a cup of green tea. When Rahim came he joined me in the fresh fish feast and then showed me the announcement of the IPO of the Indian bank we own stock in. I remembered that there was sushi rice in the fridge and heated it and ate some with the rest of lunch. 





After he left at 1:45 I watched the market close and since it was down, I died not record the loss, which I would guess is around 1 1/2%.


At 2:30 it was hot so I lay down and read the IPO announcement and  dozed until 5:30 when I called Mohan and read him portions of the IPO announcement.


At 6:15 I joined Suzette to watch the news.  We ate a few Carr’s water biscuits spread with Boursin and Allouette garden Veggie cheese spread and I opened the new bottle of 2022 Windermere Pinot Noir I bought at Costco last week.  The wine was not very good but was probably worth the $11.00 I paid for it.  The Allouette cheese spread was excellentShe inquired about dinner and I suggested Lamb and Tabouli pita pockets sandwiches.  Then Suzette asked the magic question, “Did you put mint into the Tabouli?”


I said, “No” as I fetched the two PPI grilled lamb chops from the fridge and a red onion.  I sliced the two lamb chops and 1/2 of the red onion into thin slices while Suzette fetched a handful of fresh mint from the garden.  I then destemmed the leaves and minced the about  leaves that yielded about 1 cup of mint that I added to the Tabouli.


I sautéed the Lamb and red onion slices and Suzette fetched the labni and green cracked olives and heated three pita halves in a paper towel in the microwave to warm them while keeping them soft. I then stuffed two pita halves and Suzette stuffed one pita half with labni, then sautéed lamb and red onions and finally Tabouli that we ate with green cracked olives and Pinot.


We finished dinner just in time to watch Midsomer Mystery at 8:00.


We went to bed at 10:00 after the show..


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment