Monday, July 24, 2023

July 24, 2023 Breakfast - Gravad Lax on toasted bagel slices with cream cheese, red onion, and capers, Lunch - Costco Hot Dog and chocolate sundae, Dinner - Casarecce Pasta with a Ricotta, kale, lemon peel, and cream sauce with Sautéed Shrimp

July 24, 2023 Breakfast - Gravad Lax on toasted bagel slices with cream cheese, red onion, and capers, Lunch - Costco Hot Dog and chocolate sundae, Dinner - Casarecce Pasta with a Ricotta, kale, lemon peel, and cream sauce with Sautéed Shrimp


I awakened at 7:00 and walked to the country club at 7:30.  It was still cool and the street was mostly shaded.


Then I toasted two bagel slices and spread cream cheese on them and added thin slices of red onion, slices of Gravad lax, and capers that I ate with a glass of cool water.


I got dressed and worked until 10:30 when I drove to Shahin’s and spent two hours working on my 2022 federal taxes.


At 1:00 I drove to Costco and ate a hot dog and a chocolate flavored soft ice cream sundae.  It reminded me of those hot days in a Texas of my youth when in the cool of the evening the family would pile into the car and drive to Dairy Queen for soft ice cream sundaes.


At 2:00 I drove to another client’s for an appointment and then returned home at 4:15 for a 4:30 appointment at my house.


After the appointment I lay down in the bedroom and watched women’s World Cup soccer. The Italy v. Argentina was quite exciting, although Italy won.


When Suzette came home we discussed dinner and she found a recipe for pasta with a ricotta, garlic, Parmesan cheese, and lemon sauce. We did not have any garlic so Suzette went to the garden and picked a handful of chives, a number of tomatoes, and two types of kale, that I chopped and we added to the sauce that the pasta was tossed in.  I fetched lovely 16-20 count shrimp from the garage and minced a shallot and Suzette sautéed the shrimp with the shallot and served the shrimp over the pasta and sauce.  The ricotta was a little gritty so Suzette added cream and 1/4 cup of Racalette cheese to the sauce to smooth it.  I also added a dash or two of white wine to the shrimp as they sautéed.




We drank the rest of the bottle of Kirtland Pinot Grigio which went particularly well with the shrimp and cream sauce.








After dinner we watched the Antiques Roadshow and then Suzette went to bed because she worked 12 hours today.


She is under pressure to get everything working properly before she leaves on our trip.


Suzette informed that I would cook dinner tomorrow evening. 


The smell of sautéed shrimp is still in the air as I write this blog.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment