Monday, July 31, 2023

July 31, 2023 Lunch - Beef Brisket Mole Tacos. Dinner - Slow Cooked Beef Short Ribs and Pork Roast with Mashed potatoes and sautéed Green Cabbage

 July 31, 2023 Lunch - Beef Brisket Mole Tacos. Dinner - Slow Cooked Beef Short Ribs and Pork Roast with Mashed potatoes and sautéed Green Cabbage 


Today I returned to civilized dining.


I ate a heated pain au Chocolate for breakfast with a cup of tea.


Then at 1:30 I heated the leftover Beef Brisket Mole from Quelaguetza with four small taco size tortillas we bought at El Super yesterday.


I ate four tacos filled with mole and drank the sweet tea Richard brought me.


Then I worked until 4:00 when the heat drove me to the cool bedroom and I napped and watched the news and Japan beat Spain in Women’s World Cup competition.


At 5:00 we drove to Willy’s and arranged the patio and inside furniture for his return on August 5.


When we returned at 6:00 I sliced 1/2 of a small head of cabbage into thin strips while Suzette diced two white potatoes and covered the potatoes with water and simmered them on the stove.


She also heated about 1/2 of the baked Beef Short Ribs and Pork Roast she had slow cooked with a mirepoix and a Korean BBQ sauce in a Romptorf Clay cooker for 12 hours at 175 degrees yesterday.


Suzette then mashed the potatoes and I opened the bottle of 2019 Smith Hook reserve Cabernet Sauvignon from Paso Robles, a really smooth Cabernet and poured glasses that we drank with dinner.  





Suzette spooned the sautéed cabbage mixed with the mashed potatoes in a pile in a pasta bowl and then spooned the heated short ribs and pork roast in the mirepoix BBQ sauce on top.




After we finished dinner we toasted pieces of baguette and Bosque Bakery whole wheat sour dough and spread brie and double Danish feta on the bread and sipped the last of the Cabernet.


We watched the Antiques Roadshow and then Suzette and Elaine went to bed.


I stayed up to blog with a cognac and a cup of tea during the first serious rain of the rainy season that immediately cooled the air.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment