Tuesday, July 18, 2023

July 17, 2023 Breakfast - Sausage and Eggs. lunch - Salami and Gouda Sandwiches Dinner - PPI Chicken Curry with Rice

July 17, 2023 Breakfast - Sausage and Eggs. lunch - Salami and Gouda Sandwiches  Dinner - PPI Chicken Curry with Rice


I woke up and dressed and made breakfast by sautéing a sausage patty of Jimmie Dean sausage and two fried eggs and toasted two slices of baguette that I spread with French cherry preserves.  




At 9:00 I did a final edit of the pleading and gathered and copied all of the exhibits I needed to file today and then prepared a Request for Setting and filed and sent copies of the document to opposing counsel and my client by 12:15.


I then made a quick lunch of two slices of baguette spread with basil Mayo and garnished with slices of salami and Gouda cheese that I melted 30 seconds in the microwave and ate with a glass of cold water.


I then left at 12:50 for my 1:45 physical therapy appointment in Rio Rancho arriving at 1:130.


Simon, a pleasant guy, did the diagnosis of my condition and quickly assessed that I needed to develop core strength and stretch out the tightness in my hips and ran me through Six exercises to do every day to achieve the goal of walking normally, which I am motivated to do.


When I left the clinic at 3:00 the temperature on the newly blackened parking lot was 109 degrees in high and dry Rio Rancho.


I decided to drive to El Super which is near the Bosque to buy produce. When I arrived at El Super the temperature had dropped to 106. I could not find a parking space near the market so I drove home.


When I arrived home the temperature reading in the half shade offered by a tree I parked under was 104 degrees.


I was surprised that the temperature in the house was pleasant after I drank a glass of cold water and sat under a fan and stopped sweating and cooled.


I worked at my desk until 4:30 when I lay down in the bedroom, which is the coolest room in the house and read and watched the news until Suzette arrived around 5:45. 


I rested while she drank her evening cocktail and watched home improvement shows and at 7:00 after eating two handfuls of peanuts, we discussed dinner.  Suzette quickly suggested eating the PPI chicken catty, so I made a cup of rice with a few cloves and the basil leaves I plucked from the plant in the bed in the front yard.


We heated the curry on the stove and Suzette added the traditional thickening to it of flour mixed with cream.  I crushed and chopped a handful of peanuts and fetched the shredded coconut and the lime pickle, mixed pickle, mango and raisin chutney, apple and pear compote, and added a heaping spoonful of labni to the PPI Raita to thicken it.


When the rice was cooked we each spooned rice and curry into bowls and garnished them with peanuts and coconut and our favorite condiments while we watched the Antiques Roadshow. It was a rather weak assortment of items on the Roadshow in Omaha with the exception of the last items which were 1951 baseball shirts that had been worn by Whitey Ford and Yogi Barra when they were in the minor league team in Omaha that appraised for $30,000 and $100,000 respectively.





We then watched Lawrence at 8:00 to catch up on all the latest legal efforts by Trump to avoid criminal prosecution and went to bed at 9:00 after busy days of work.


Suzette replaced the sand in the filters of all the four pools at the spa with help among her other usual tasks.


Tomorrow hopefully it will be cooler.


We will probably make a lovely crab soufflé with steamed sugar snap peas for dinner 


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment