Wednesday, July 5, 2023

July 5, 2023 Breakfast - Charcuterie and Cheese sandwiches. lunch - Menudo at Garcia’s with Peter, Dinner - Roasted Chicken from the Greenhouse Bistro with creamed Spinach and Mushrooms

 July 5, 2023 Breakfast - Charcuterie and Cheese sandwiches. lunch - Menudo at Garcia’s with Peter, Dinner - Roasted Chicken from the Greenhouse Bistro with creamed Spinach and Mushrooms


I awakened at 7:00 and watched Stage 5 in the French Pyrenees. The stage was won by an Australian by enough time to put him the yellow jersey, only the seventh Australian to ever wear the yellow jersey in the Tour de France.


During the Stage I toasted and buttered two slices of baguette and lay cured ham on one and salami on the other, plus slices of onion, and Gouda cheese. I made a cup of Earl Grey tea and heated the sandwiches in the microwave for 34 seconds to melt the cheese and cook the onions a bit. I lay leaves of lettuce on the sandwiches to get a bit of greenery into me for a lovely breakfast.


After the stage ended at 9:00 I got word that one of my cases would settle, which was amazing because I doubted it would.


I worked on it and an amendment to the Binswanger lease with Billy until 1:00 when I went to lunch with Peter Eller at García’s to eat our usual bowl of red chili, menudo and Posole, which we are both addicted to and always puts us in a good mood.


We had a wide ranging conversation about many topics. Although Peter is a conservative and I am liberal, we seem to enjoy our wide ranging conversation. I invited him to join me for the registrar visit by the Albuquerque Museum next Monday.


After lunch I read a response in my Probate case and then lay down until 4:12 when I zoom meditated with Dennis and Todd for 1/2 hour.


At 4:45 Suzette and I rested until 6:00 when Luke called from New York and Willy called from Singapore at the same time and we had a family chat to catch up on what they were doing, which was my best birthday gift.


Willy was on his way to take a flight to Doha and on to Germany and possibly to hike the Portuguese Way of the Camiño Santiago from Porto to Campostella.


Luke will be teaching classes in both Kingston and in the newly opened fancy Brooklyn location of Maha Rose.


We then decided to cook creamed spinach to go with the roasted chicken slow roasted for two hours stuffed with a wedge of lemon and sprinkled with herbs de Valencia that Suzette had brought home.  This was the most delicious chicken prepared at the Bistro I have ever tasted. It was so tender the meat fell off the bone.


I de-stemmed a bit more than 1/2 bunch of spinach that Suzette rinsed and spun it to clean it. She also sliced three mushrooms and some onion and sautéed those ingredients with some nutmeg and added cream to make it creamed spinach.




I opened a bottle of 2017 HGW organic Riesling, one it their best bottles for an unforgettable meal because the acidity and fruit are in perfect balance.


Later I ate a slice of halvah with a cup of tea and then we retired for the night.




Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment