Tuesday, July 18, 2023

July 18, 2023 Lunch - Pita Pocket sandwiches stuffed with Tabouli. Dinner -Sashimi and Sushi rice

July 18, 2023 Lunch - Pita Pocket sandwiches stuffed with Tabouli. Dinner -Sashimi and Sushi rice


I ate granola for breakfast and then drove to Smith’s on Constitution to shop for groceries. I bought Italian broad leaf parsley and a cucumber.  Then went to the meat department and discovered that Salmon filets were on sale for $8.99/lb., so I bought two and a tuna steak.  I finished shopping by buying 6 bagels, two 1/2 gallons of milk, club soda, tonic water, a package with two duck breasts, two avocados and then went to the discounted cheese section, where I found 2 1/2 lb. blocks of Westminster Cheddar and a tub of Allouette veggie cheese spread.


I returned home at 10:00 and finished reviewing a real estate transaction.


At noon I drove to 524 Romero to inspect the work and pay the workers.


They were finishing the laying and screwing the decking material to the plywood sub-floor.


They had painted the red sub-floor brown to make it match the color of the decking material, so the red would not be visible.


I then drove home and made a bowl of Tabouli,  by chopping a bunch of parsley, two tomatoes, 11/2 cucumbers, a bunch of green onions, and adding 1 1/2 cups of No. 1 Bulgar soaked in warm water for an hour, olive oil, and juice of. 3/4 of a lemon.


I then stuffed 2 halves of a toasted pita with tabouli and labni and ate them with green olives and pickled turnip spears.


After lunch an old client called and asked me to do some corporate work for him.


At 3:45 I lay down and watched Ari and then napped until 5:00.


Suzette came home with a sore back and asked me to cook dinner.


I said, “No problem, I will make sashimi.”


I made sushi rice by adding 1/2 tsp of dehydrated dashi, 2 T. of mirin, 2 T. of rice vinegar and 1 T. of sugar to two cups of water.  When the water came to a boil I added 1 cup of jasmine rice and reduced the heat to its lowest setting and simmered the rice for 30 minutes. I added a handful of sugar snap peas to steam with the rice when there were ten minutes left of cooking.


Then, I thawed and filled a large platter with sliced four sea scallops, sliced two radishes, 2/3 of a peeled, seeded, and sliced cucumber, a piece of the salmon, 1/2 of an avocado. and 1/2 of the Aji tuna steak.  I put out dipping bowls filled with soy and wasabi and a bowl of pickled ginger. Suzette went to the garden and picked two small red ripe tomatoes.





I drank green tea and Suzette drank a glass of Falerio Italian white wine.


It was a wonderful dinner and I was happy that zsuzette liked it.


During dinner we watched Finding Your Roots.  Melissa McCarty was one of the guests.


Later we watched Lawrence and then Suzette went to bed at 9:00 because she had awakened at 5:00.


I had a good day and felt good after doing my new physical therapy exercises this morning and moved around with no pain


The museum foundation folks will visit Suzette’s art collection tomorrow in Los Lunas because the Albuquerque Museum is interested in NM.Women artists.


Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment