Saturday, July 8, 2023

July 8, 2023 Brunch - PPI Mixed Grill Omelette Dinner - Pita Pocket Sandwich with Tabouli and chicken

 July 8, 2023 Brunch - PPI Mixed Grill Omelette Dinner - Pita Pocket Sandwich with Tabouli and chicken


I watched Stage 8 until Mark Cavendish crashed out of the Tour.  Then I watched the finish, which a Danish sprinter, Mats Petersen, won. 


Then I helped Suzette cut back the Columbine in the garden.


I will weed tomorrow.


I made brunch by sautéing a slice of Jimmy Dean sausage and then added the PPI mixed grill pasta topping we made a few days ago with lamb, chorizo, and steak plus tomatoes and onions. After heating the meats I added three whisked eggs and let the eggs set.  When I attempted to turn 1/2 onto the other half, it stuck to the pan and I ended up with a pile instead of an omelette.




Suzette also toasted pieces of baguette on which I spread cherry preserves.


Then at 11:00 I drove to El Super and shopped for groceries.  Today for some reason I bought meat, scallops, heads on shrimp, beef short ribs and smoked pork cutlets.  I also bought cherries, lemons, parsley, tomatoes, green onions, cauliflower, an Anaheim chili, red onions, avocados, crema, yogurt, strawberries, cucumbers, red bell peppers, an eggplant, Fuji apples, sweet potatoes, and eggs. Quite a load.


When I returned I made Tabouli. I chopped a bunch of green onions, three Roma tomatoes, two bunches of parsley, a cucumber and a bunch of fresh mint and added olive oil and the juice of a lemon and the 1 1/2 cups of No. 1 bulgur wheat I soaked overnight.  It was delicious and so at 5:00 Suzette heated a pita and some chicken and split the pita in half and we each filled a half with Tabouli, labni, and chicken.  I added pickled turnips and green olives to my plate. This was our dinner, as it turned out.






Suzette simmered the chicken carcass, so I decided to make Vichyssoise.


After dinner I sliced four cups of leeks and peeled and sliced four cups of russet potatoes and we cooked them in the chicken broth Suzette had made.


Suzette went to bed and I went to bed at 11:00 after the leeks and onions had cooked.


I nibbled on herring, Tabouli, and a bite of the cooked leeks and onion before retiring to bed.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment