Friday, July 14, 2023

July 14, 2023 Lunch - Tabouli Pita Pocket Sandwiches with lettuce Dinner - Stir Fried Pork with Baby Bok Choy, fresh bamboo shoot, tomatoes, garlic, ginger, onion, Red Bell Pepper, and Mushrooms

July 14, 2023 Lunch - Tabouli Pita Pocket Sandwiches with lettuce  Dinner - Stir Fried Pork with Baby Bok Choy, fresh bamboo shoot, tomatoes, garlic, ginger, onion, Red Bell Pepper, and Mushrooms


I worked from. 3:30 to 6:00 a.m. and slept from 6:00 until 8:00. I missed helping Suzette pick a bag of lettuce for the Bistro and some for us.


I ate granola with milk, yogurt and strawberries and watched the climb of the Col de Colombiere for the finish of Stage 13 on Bastille Day.


Starting from Scionzier, the climb is 16.3 km long. Over this distance, the climb is 1108 m (an average percentage of 6.8%). The steepest section is 10.2% near the summit. From Le Grand-Bornand, the Col de la Colombière is 11.7 km long. Over this distance, the climb is 690 m (an average percentage of 5.9%), Michal Kwiatkowski, the champion of Poland won by almost a minute.

Tadej gained 9 seconds on Vinegaard to be 8 seconds behind him and close in on the yellow Jersey.

I then worked until 1:00 when I ate a Tabouli salad and green cracked olives and made pita pockets with the Tabouli, lettuce, and labni for lunch. I love cool food in a warm pita pocket for lunch.  It is similar to Vietnamese Bun or Bahn with hot and cool ingredients with one dish, which I think is very sophisticated.



At 1:30 I drove to Willy’s apartment and observed Henry and his crew laying and hammering the waterproofed plywood sections that had been cut with tongue and grooves together for the subfloor.

When I left at 2:00 it was 102 degrees and felt warm.  I can not imagine how hot it is in Phoenix. Oh, I checked and it was 114 degrees today in Phoenix.

At 2:30 I checked my portfolio and the NASDAQ was down almost 25 points and my portfolio was down .6%.

I worked until 4:30 when it became uncomfortably warm in the office, so I took a pork steak out of the freezer to thaw and then lay down. Almost immediately after Suzette arrived.

We rested and I napped until 6:30 when I began cooking dinner. I wanted to make a stir fry with the bamboo shoot and baby bok Choy I bought several days ago at the 99 store.


I minced three cloves of garlic and 1 1/2 T. of ginger and diced 1/4 red bell pepper and 1/2 onion and the pork steak and put those ingredients into a bowl.

Then I separated the white stalks from the green leaves of five bok Choy and put them in separate bowls.  I then diced 1/2 of the bamboo shoot and sliced three mushrooms and added them to the stalks bowl.  Finally I quartered three or four cherry tomatoes from our garden and added them to the green leaves bowl.

I then heated about. 2 T. of peanut oil in my wok and added the bowl of pork and hard ingredients.  For the ten minutes while the first ingredients were frying I turned them occasionally and made a seasoning sauce of soy, oyster sauce, Chinese cooking wine, sesame oil, cornstarch and water.


I then added the medium ingredients; the bamboo shoots, bok Choy stalks, and mushroom slices and cooked them several minutes folding the ingredients over so all ingredients came in contact with the wok surface

After a couple of minutes I added the leaves and 1 teaspoon of sugar and 1/2 tsp. of salt and covered the wok to let the leaves steam for a minute or two.


Finally I added the seasoning sauce and folded it in.  In less than a minute it combined with the liquid in the wok to thicken into a thick sauce.

Suzette heated the PPI rice and divided it into two bowls and we each took a bowl and piled spoonfuls of the stir fried dish onto the rice.

I loved the dish. I have been stir frying meat and vegetables and eating them with steamed rice just like tonight’s meal for over fifty-five years and still love the varying combination of ingredients.

After dinner I watched the replay of today’s Stage 13  the Tour and then we watched a Netflix movie titled Fun Day with Jennifer Garner and went to bed at 9:00.

Today I felt great all day and began walking more erectly and rapidly.  Let’s hope that continues.


Unfortunately, Suzette’s back is hurting her and she experiencing a lot of pain.

That is why I cooked dinner tonight.


I ate three cookies and went to bed at 9:00 to blog and read.


Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment