Friday, July 28, 2023

July 28, 2023 Brunch - Gravad Lax and Bagel slices. Dinner - Oysters on the half shell

July 28, 2023 Brunch - Gravad Lax and Bagel slices. Dinner - Oysters on the half shell

For the first in a long time I was too busy today to eat lunch.


I ate a good breakfast of two slices of toasted bagel spread with cream cheese and garnished with slices of red onion and Gravad lax and dotted with capers.



I provided access for the plumbers to find the leak in the basement who worked from 8:30 to 3:30. They did not finish finish fixing the leak and the water continues to be turned off as I write this blog at 11:30 p.m.  While enduring the heat of the day without air conditioning, I worked on the real estate transaction for most of the morning and then around noon started looking at a motion to strike in my probate litigation while communicating with insurance counsel about another case.


It soon became apparent to me that the motion to strike had major defects and I began drafting a response to the motion.  As my drafting progressed I checked with my client and we agreed upon the strategy.  I completed the draft response and sent it to opposing counsel at 4:00 per their request.


Suzette called in the late afternoon to suggest that we eat oysters for dinner, which I heartily supported.


I then finished the last document I needed to prepare for the real estate closing and then at 4:15 drove to Bosque Bakery and bought a rustic baguette and a round loaf of whole wheat sourdough for tomorrow’s dinner party.


When I returned home I made cocktail sauce with catsup, lemon juice, and horseradish as Suzette arrived and brought in the three dozen oysters from Whole Food, one dozen each of Wellfleets, Rappahannocks, and Rochabeaus.






The cool oysters were a perfect dinner with saltine crackers, cocktail sauce, and a bottle of luscious semi-sweet 2020 Josef Vineyard Herman Wiemer Riesling.






After dinner we both went to sleep.


I awakened at 10:30 and ate one of the two Mocha Breslin I bought at Le Chantilly on Tuesday with a cup of chai and a sniffer of cognac, after which I watched the best match so far of the Women’s World Cup in which Nigeria beat host nation Australia 3 to 2, in what will probably be one of the greatest upsets of the entire World Cup. Although in fairness, the Nigerians were bigger and faster than the Australians and several of their players play for Barcelona.




I am so jazzed by the quality of play that I might stay up for several more hours to watch the Sweden v. Italy match, so I can cheer for Sweden.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment