Thursday, March 9, 2023

March 9, 2023 Lunch - Stuffed Carne Adovado Sopapillas at El Modelo. Dinner - PPI BBQ Shrimp with Pad Thai

March 9, 2023 Lunch - Stuffed Carne Adovado Sopapillas at El Modelo. Dinner - PPI BBQ Shrimp with Pad Thai


This was a fiery food day of flavors. 


It started calmly enough with a bowl of granola with milk and yogurt and blueberries.


When Henry arrived at 9:15 we worked on his case until 12:15.


I suggested we go to lunch at El Modelo because I recalled that there were outdoor tables and it was a beautiful day so we could eat outdoors.


It was crowded when we arrived with both benches filled with folks waiting for their order.


Henry said his favorite item was a stuffed carne adovado sopapilla that turned out to be a large sopapilla stuffed with refried beans, cheese, and carne adovado. It is wrapped in a hamburger sleeve and then butcher paper.  We ordered 1 each and 1 Mexican coke each for $22.00.


When our order was ready we carried the bag with the two sopapillas and the cokes to a table next to the parking lot that was shaded from the wind.


I enjoyed the stuffed sopapilla, which seemed to me to be a little bit like a stuffed gyro sandwich where the meat and sauce are stuffed into a pita no that is wrapped in paper that you unfold as you eat.


It was that with the sopapilla.  You folded back the paper like a big hamburger or sandwich as you ate it.


We returned home by 2:00 and I discovered that the Market had a major meltdown with the Dow dropping 543 and the NASDAQ dropping 237.


We worked from 2:15 to 5:45 to finish Henry’s project.


I was tired but Henry was even more tired.


Suzette came home hungry around 6:30, so I suggested we heat the PPI BBQ Shrimp from Tuesday evening.  Suzette wanted to eat the leftover Pad Thai from our lunch yesterday at Le Bistro, but she agreed to combine the Pad Thai with the shrimp and share the Pad Thai.


That is how we ended up with BBQ shrimp over Pad Thai for dinner for another spicy dish.



We enjoyed dinner with beers Suzette fetched from the garage, Bohemia for me and Modelo Negra for Suzette.


With a fire in my belly I drank the rest of my beer as my dessert.


After dinner we watched the last three or four episodes of the Swedish production of Anxious People with English subtitles. I could understand some of the Swedish dialogue, which made it immensely more enjoyable.


Suzette went to bed at 8:00 and I stayed up to watch Lawrence O’Donnell and then TCU beat Kansas State in a quarterfinal for the Big 12 basketball championship.


TCU will play Texas in the semifinal tomorrow evening, which I will watch.


I went to bed at 10:00 and blogged this entry.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment