Monday, March 13, 2023

March 13, 2023 Lunch - Salami and Ham sandwiches with slices of Manchego cheese. Dinner - Sautéed Salmon with steamed zshaw Peas and buttered baby potatoes 


I did not eat breakfast today.


I ate lunch at 1;:45, I toasted two slices of baguette, spread Mayo on them and lay slices of salami on one and cured ham on the other. Then I spread some German deli mustard on the meat and then slices of Manchego and a lettuce leaf.


This was a tasty, quick and simple lunch.  I drank water with it.


Suzette came home at 4:30.


We were both hungry so we trimmed the two pieces of salmon for Gravad lax and mixed the dry ingredients: 1/2 cup of sugar and 2/3 cup of salt and 1 tsp of what crushed black pepper.


We spooned the mixture over the inside and outside of the salmon and lay the two fillets in a Pyrex baking dish covered with Saran and weighed with a brick to cure in the fridge.


Suzette cut two approximately 6 oz. fillets to cook for dinner and I wrapped up the rest for sushi tomorrow.


Suzette snapped the snow peas we bought yesterday at El Super and steamed them and microwaved the PPI baby potatoes tossed in butter and parsley.


We opened the chilled bottle of Vara Grenache Rose in the fridge and ate a lovely dinner.


After dinner Suzette scooped two scoops of the caramel praline ice cream for her and chocolate cherry for me as we watched the Antiques Roadshow. I went to my desk and worked from 8:15 to 9:30 when we went to bed.


Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment