Friday, March 17, 2023

March 17, 2023 Breakfast - Shrimp, Sausage, nice, Tomato, and onion Omelet. Lunch - PPI Chicken, green beans, and egg noodle pesto pasta

Dinner - Oysters and crackers


Today two wonderful things happened: it snowed and TCU won in the first round of the NCAA basketball playoffs.


Today I made a big breakfast. I sautéed a slice of sausage, some red onion, and 1/2 tomato sliced in the skillet and then added  about 1/2 cup of the dirty rice from our BBQ shrimp meal. I whisked two eggs with about. 1 1/2 T. of the BBQ shrimp sauce and cut the last BBQ shrimp into five pieces and added it to the skillet when the vegetables and sausage were cooked.



I let it cook until almost firm and then added slices of Manchego cheese and folded one half onto the other half.


I then turned off the heat and filled a glass with water and then plated the omelette.  It was a wonderful breakfast.






At 2:00 Suzette came home while I was heating a container of PPI Chicken, green beans, and egg noodle pesto pasta.  I ate 75% of it and Suzette finished it. We discussed buying oysters for dinner and made a plan for her to call in the order and I would go with her to pick up the oysters when I finished my review.


I then went to Bill Turner’s to review a closing at 2:30 and at 3:30, when I finished, called Suzette to tell her I was coming home to pick her up.


I am driving now. I drove us to Whole Foods.  Our order was ready when we arrived packed in ice in large plastic containers that held two dozen oysters each, one filled with Wellfleets and the other with Chebooktook oysters from New Brunswick, Canada. We also bought a whole wheat baguette an six everything bagels.





Suzette made cocktail sauce and fetched some saltine crackers and we opened a bottle of 2021 Falerio Italian white wine.


We loved the smaller Chebooktook oysters that had a different flavor than the Wellfleets and other oysters we have had.


We each ate 2 dozen and loved our dinner.  We often buy oysters on the half shell on Fridays at Whole Foods because they sell them for $1.00 each.


After dinner we watched some news but the big event of the evening was at 8:10 when tip off between TCU and Arizona State was scheduled.  I watched the entire game, which was very exciting.  It was tied 70 to 70 with 12.4 seconds to play.  TCU had the ball and scored to win 72 to 70 after they came back from being down as much as 11 points. 


I was happy.


Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment