Thursday, March 9, 2023

March 8, 2023 Breakfast - Sausage and Eggs with Toast Lunch - Pad Thai at Le Bistro. Dinner - Baked Cod and Asparagus with Vanilla flavored Mashed Rutabaga

March 8, 2023 Breakfast - Sausage and Eggs with Toast Lunch - Pad Thai at Le Bistro. Dinner - Baked Cod and Asparagus with Vanilla flavored Mashed Rutabaga


We slept until 8:00 for a pleasant change. We showered and dressed and Suzette made us breakfast while I worked at my computer on the response.


Breakfast was my favorite, a thick slice of patty sausage and two eggs over easy with two slices of toasted baguette.


We worked for another hour and then drove to NM Ortho for my appointment with Dr. Mulkey.  When we arrived it appeared we were an hour late but they took us anyway and at 11:30 we met with the Dr. for 30 minutes.  I asked him all my questions and he released me from any further restrictions and encouraged me to walk to build my strength and endurance.  I was further encouraged when he said I needed the left hip replaced and he was ready to do that when I needed it.


So I drove from the clinic to James’ office after the appointment released from any concerns.


After Suzette met with James we walked next door to Le Bistro Vietnamese Restaurant at 1307 San Pedro for lunch.

I noticed that Le Bistro was ranked among the top five Vietnamese restaurants in Albuquerque as we walked in.


We were not very hungry after our big breakfast, so we decided to split an order of Pad Thai with pork and a Vietnamese coffee.


The restaurant was large with over sixty seats but only two booths were filled with people. Soon the pad Thai arrived and it was fabulous, probably the best I have ever tasted. The pork may have been marinated and grilled and the noodles were semi glutinous with just the right balance of sweet and picante from red chili flakes tossed with bean sprouts, chopped bits of egg and toasted crushed peanuts.


I loved it and the pre-mixed coffee had the strong flavor of chicory.

Everything was great but when we paid the bill we were informed that prices had been increased and instead of $12.00 the check came to 17.25.


The waitress showed us where the prices had been hand written in dark ink on dark blue tape next to the original menu price, instead of obscuring the original price.


I handed the waitress a $20.00 bill and we drove to Bombay Spice where I bought a box of chai Masala tea bags and tried an Indian form of halvah made in India with ghee.


When we arrived home at 2:00 I made my phone calls and talked to my client who needs corporate work done.


I worked until 4:00 and watched Ari Melber and then meditated from 5:00 until 5:30.


Again I noticed that I was able to reach a deep meditative state of mind without interference from the pain in my hip, which made me realize that I made the right decision to seek a replacement.


At 6:00 it was still 56 degrees, so we walked the 1 1/2 blocks to 16th St. and back with good stamina.


I am beginning to feel stronger, although I know I have a long way to go.


When we returned home Suzette started dinner, which was a repeat of dinner two nights ago; Baked Cod and Asparagus with Vanilla flavored Mashed Rutabaga, while I watched the last few minutes of Chris Hayes and the live interview with Zelensky.


This time the fish filet was thinner and the result not as moist as the other night but since Suzette had stored the vanilla bean in the rutabagas, the rutabagas had a nice vanilla flavor.  The baked asparagus were excellent both nights.




When we returned home I fetched the bottle of chilled New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc from the fridge in the garage, which was an excellent choice of wine for the meal.


After dinner I made a cup of chai with the new tea and tried the new halvah. The halvah was flaky and did melt in my mouth as the Bombay Spice owner said.


We watched Lawrence O’Donnell and then went to bed at 9:30.


I slept until 1:30 when I got up and blogged this entry and then read a few pages of this month’s book club selection, The Master and Margarita.


Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment