Wednesday, March 1, 2023

February 28, 2022 Lunch - Menudo at Garcia’s Dinner - Tomato, Eggplant, Ragu with Lobster Ravioli

February 28, 2022 Lunch - Menudo at Garcia’s Dinner - Tomato, Eggplant, Ragu with Lobster Ravioli 


I woke up at 7:00 and Suzette was already working.


I got dressed and ate a slice of buttered baguette toast with a smear of orange marmalade and the uneaten croissant, ham and cheese sandwich left from our lunch at Le Quiche. I heated the sandwich wrapped in Saran in the microwave for a minute and it collapsed into a delicious gooey buttery pastry of French brioche, ham, and cheese.



Here are the last bites


I then worked until 11:30, when I called Peter and suggested we go eat Menudo at Garcia’s.


Peter picked me up at 12:15 and we drove to Garcia’s. A medium sized bowl of menudo with Posole costs $9.75. It is a sufficient quantity of food and is served with lemon wedges, oregano, and onions and a flour tortilla and later a sopapilla.


We enjoyed our lunch immensely and Peter returned me home at 1:30.


The Kendzierskis came at 2:00 and Mary signed her Affidavit.


After they left I filed the three documents electronically and served copies on the other lawyer.


At 2:30 I lay down and slept until I was awaken by a call at 3:30 from Mrs. Rajan who was calling from the county clerk’s with two questions about recording the two documents I prepared.  I agreed to the changes. After Mrs. Rajan filed the papers she brought them to my house so I could take a copy of each and pay me for my services.


Suzette arrived while Mrs Rajan was still here at 4:30.


At 5:00 when Mrs. Rajan left we watched the news as Suzette had her evening cocktail.


We discussed dinner.  We have run out of eggs, but decided not to go to Costco because Suzette was tired.  


A search of the fridge led Suzette to suggest that we combine the PPI eggplant and sweet potato Parmigiana with the six lobster ravioli and the Italian Sausage Ragu in the home made Spaghetti sauce.p we made with fresh Roma tomatoes.


She sliced the ravioli into strips and sautéed the eggplant and sausage and then added the lobster ravioli strips.


The result was wonderful, a better meal than I would have guessed that was soon definitively confirmed when Suzette took seconds and ate the remaining amount.


We had two open bottles of red wine a Spanish Tempranillo from Rueda up river in the Rioja Region.





We were both tired but made it through a one hour interview with Bill Maher on CNN until 8:00.


We then put on our pajamas and nightgown and watched Lawrence O’Donnell until 9:00 when we went to bed, although Suzette had already slipped into sleep by 8:00.


I woke up at 12:30 and finished the blog and watched Chris Hayes and then read.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment