Friday, March 24, 2023

March 24, 2023 Breakfast - Sausage, Eggs, and Toast. Lunch - Duck Leg Soup at 2000 Vietnamese Restaurant. Dinner - Smoked trout Soufflé with salad

March 24, 2023 Breakfast - Sausage, Eggs, and Toast. Lunch - Duck Leg Soup at 2000 Vietnamese Restaurant. Dinner - Smoked trout Soufflé with salad


This was another fabulous day of food.  All three meals were wonderful.


A plate of two eggs over easy with a sausage patty, sautéed onion slices, and two toasted slices of nine grain bread got me going this morning.  


When Suzette returned from an evaluation in Rio Rancho at 1:00 we drove to 2000 Vietnamese Restaurant, which appears to be under new ownership for lunch.  We both ordered duck leg soup with Egg noodles (No. 76).  I must admit that I like new management as much as old management.  The soups were served with a plate loaded with Oriental basil, cilantro, mung bean sprouts, lime wedges and jalapeño slices.


The duck was wonderful also, cooked and resting on top in a pile of egg noodles in a broth studded with slices of green onion. I love this soup and added a swirl of hoisin sauce although it was not needed.


We ate as much soup as we could and then filled a quart cup to over half full with the remaining 1/2 bowl of soup.


We drove home and I worked in the office until 4:00 when I watched Ari Melber.


At 5:00 we started watching more news and the round of 16 NCAA basketball matches.


The two remaining No. 1 seeds lost today in upsets. Alabama got beaten by San Diego State and Houston was beaten by Miami


I was most impressed by Texas in the the Texas v. Xavier match-up, which Texas won easily, 


The Texas v. Miami game will be epoch.


After the game ended at 10:15 we went to bed but not before I wrote this new blog.



This was an amazing day of food.


We decided we needed to use the PPI smoked trout to make a trout soufflé.  Suzette used the recipe for crab soufflé and substituted trout for the crab meat.  The steam oven was not working so Suzette cooked the soufflé in our regular oven.


I fetched a bottle of Vara Cava from the garage that was wonderful with the soufflé. 


I made a small salad with tomatoes, radish slices, cucumber, and red onion slices and cubes of avocado and leaf lettuce.


Suzette used her crab soufflé recipe that was a very simple recipe but it resulted in a very elegant dish.  Wet delicious trout soufflé that firmed as we left it in a cooling oven.


I ate more today and had real hunger.  I hope that means I am not gaining weight.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment