Saturday, March 18, 2023

March 18, 2023 Brunch - Bagels and Lax. Snack - Creamy Winter Soup Dinner - Corned Beef, Cabbage, and Potatoes

March 18, 2023 Brunch - Bagels and Lax. Snack - Creamy Winter Soup Dinner - Corned Beef, Cabbage, and Potatoes 


I slept until after 8:00. The Brentford v. Leicester City match was beginning, so I watched them tie 1 to 1 which did not move Leicester any further from relegation.


At 9:00 I toasted two slices of bagel for each of us, spread them with cream cheese, lay thin slices of red onion and lax on them and sprinkled capers. I lay tomato slices on the side. I drank tea and Suzette drank coffee.




I then watched Everton tie Chelsea 2 to 2.


Between matches I trimmed the rose bush on the patio.


After breakfast Suzette went to Plant Work to buy fertilizer.


When she returned around 1:30 she heated the PPI Creamy Winter Soup and toasted four slices of baguette. We each ate a bowl of soup and I ate two chocolate chip cookies after lunch.




After lunch Suzette combined the 2 lb. Brisket with seasonings, carrots, cabbage, water, and potatoes in the German Romertorf Clay cooking casserole and began cooking it. 



I lay down to read and nap until 4:30.


Suzette worked until 3:00 and then napped for an hour.


We did not dress for the Symphony tonight. We dressed casually and did not feel underdressed.


When we left for the symphony at 5:20 Suzette turned down the heat in the oven and continued to cook the food.


The program was excellent tonight, a Romanian cellist who won the Tchaikovsky Competition played Dvorak’s Cello Concerto premiered in 1911 and after the intermission, the symphony played 6 selections from the ballet Daphne and Chloe that were written by Ravel that was premiered in 1912 by the Ballet Russe. Both were big beautiful works of music.


When we returned home at 8:15 the corned beef was fully cooked.  I put a you tube recording of the Clancy Brothers for mood music while we ate corned beef, cabbage and potatoes.




I was amazed how clean tasting the dish was. It was very simply, corned beef, potatoes and cabbage, although we added a dab of horseradish to our plates.


Suzette was tired and went to bed by 9:00 and I followed soon after.


I blogged and read a bit, but enjoyed the last of a very relaxing day.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment