Tuesday, March 21, 2023

March 21, 2023 Lunch - Miso noodle Soup Deluxe dDinner - Smoked Trout with Spaghetti Squash and Broccoli

March 21, 2023 Lunch - Miso noodle Soup Deluxe  Dinner - Smoked Trout with Spaghetti Squash and Broccoli


I made oatmeal with raisins and 1/2 of a Gala Apple diced with a tsp. of brown sugar and a pinch of cinnamon for breakfast.


I walked farther than ever since the operation with Andrew, my PT assistant at 10:30. We both thought I was making progress.


Then at 1:00 I made my favorite miso soup with tofu, red miso, dehydrated dashi, rice sticks,  and water, plus three leaves of Napa cabbage sliced in strips, three slices of cured ham sliced, two mushrooms sliced, and an egg whisked with soy, mirin, and sesame oil and garnished with thinly sliced green onion rings.



I love this relatively thick soup.  I ate two bowls and there was enough for another meal.


I watched the Market close and when I checked my portfolio was up almost 1.5%.  A good day.  The most exciting thing was that Apple exceeded my buy back price for much of it, so I am approaching break even, 6.25% from break even as of three years ago to be more precise.


I read Master and Margarita much of the afternoon.


When Suzette came home she suggested we smoke the three trout I purchased yesterday at Costco starting at 6:30, to which I immediately agreed.


Suzette soaked 1 x 6 inch cedar planks to hold the trout and I rinsed them and removed their heads and tails to prepare then for smoking on the propane grill at low temperature.


Today the plank caught fire but Suzette put out the fire with water that created lots of smoke.







I filleted the first trout that we ate on a pile of spaghetti squash sautéed with broccoli flowerets.


I chilled a bottle of Riechart Riesling.


The trout was amazingly tender and a great value at $3.99/lb. at Costco.


I boned the other two smoked trout that we will use to make an omelette and a salad, so three meals.


After dinner we had a glass of zsuzette’s homemade Limoncello.


To get some carbs I ate a slice of Mimolette and brie on toasted and buttered bread.


Later I drank a cup of tea with oatmeal cookies to book end the oatmeal experience today.


Bon Appetit

 

No comments:

Post a Comment