Sunday, March 12, 2023

March 11, 2023 Brunch - Chicken Quesadilla. Snack - Leftover Poki bowl. Dinner - Char Grilled Rib Steak and Asparagus with boiled potatoes tossed in butter with parsley, and sautéed mushrooms

March 11, 2023 Brunch - Chicken Quesadilla. Snack - Leftover Poki bowl. Dinner - Char Grilled Rib Steak and Asparagus with boiled potatoes tossed in butter with parsley, and sautéed mushrooms 


I woke up at 4:45 and worked for an hour and then began watching soccer.


The big game for me was the Leicester v. Chelsea game at 8:00. Unfortunately, Leicester lost 3 to 1.


At 11:00 I made a chicken quesadilla with slices of breast, red onion, avocado, and Gouda cheese between two large toasted flour tortillas.


I then pruned 1/2 of the rose bush on the patio until Suzette took the pruning scissors to prune the fruit trees.


I spent several hours obtaining the bank statements for the closed account for the candy store and separating my fax line from my phone line and talking to Billy.


At 3:00 we shared the sashimi fish and sushi rice from the Poki bowl I ordered at Don Sushi yesterday.


Then I watched Texas play Kansas for the Big 12 title in men’s basketball until 5:00 when we walked 1 1/2 blocks to the mayor’s house and back. Suzette says we shall make it the 3 1/2 blocks to the Country Club tomorrow. If she is correct, it will be a major step forward.


When we returned I watched Texas win the Big 12 title and chopped parsley for the potatoes and a shallot, two cloves of garlic, and six mushrooms for dinner.


Suzette prepared the two rib steaks and asparagus for grilling and turned on the grill and boiled some small red and white potatoes.



She fetched a bottle of 2011 De Ponte Lonesome Rock Ranch Pinot noir front the basement and opened it.and tasted it. It was a little tight.




I then sautéed the minced shallot and garlic and added butter and the mushroom slices to the skillet.


After Suzette put the steaks on the grill she took over the skillet and I fetched the carafe of Amontillado sherry and lightly doused the mushrooms with sherry Suzette took over the mushrooms and tossed the potatoes in butter and parsley.


Suzette brought the char grilled steaks and grilled asparagus in at 6:30.


I sliced the first steak and Suzette plated potatoes and grilled asparagus and selected slices of steak for each of us and spooned mushrooms and sauce onto the steak slices and were ready to eat by 6:45 even though Willy had not arrived.





The first steak steak I sliced was cooked to rare, red in the middle, which is the way Suzette likes her steak.  We had eaten most of our meal when Willy arrived at 7:15. He was late because his massage had lasted 2 hours instead of 90 minutes.


I sliced the other steak and it was medium rare, uniformly pink in the middle, so took two more slices of it and Willy joined us at the table.


We all agreed that these steaks were really delicious and this dinner was comparable to the best steak dinner you could find at any restaurant.


Willy had not eaten since breakfast, so was hungry and ate his steak and most of the extra two slices of the second steak that I could not eat, as we talked.


After dinner I moved to the big chair and Suzette fetched me a sniffer of Germain-Robin apple brandy to settle my stomach.


I asked Willy to fetch the box of Indian Halvah made with Ghee and he noticed immediately that it was flavored with cardamom. We all ate a few bites of halvah for dessert.


After Willy left around 9:00 we went to bed.


Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment