Thursday, March 23, 2023

March 23, 2023 Lunch - Smoked Trout Salad. Dinner - Fried Oysters with Fried Potatoes and Seaweed Salad

March 23, 2023 Lunch - Smoked Trout Salad. Dinner - Fried Oysters with Fried Potatoes and Seaweed Salad


The market was up and down and closed up again today. I would have had a good day except for short sellers attacking Square and knocking it down $10.50 per share. So instead of a big gain I had a small gain.


I am going to help Luke start a healing center in Kingston, NY by loaning him some money for working capital.  I have been blessed, so I am happy to share my good fortune and hope it will help him succeed financially and professionally.


I toasted 1/2 of an everything bagel for breakfast and spread cream cheese on it and garnished it with slices of Jarlsberg cheese and salami for a more German style breakfast.


I started lunch at 1:45 but my client came and we worked on completing discovery in his litigation case today and finally transmitted it by 3:00, which is when I ate the lovely smoked trout, Moroccan dried olives, tomato, radishes, cucumber, and goat cheese salad with a toasted piece of baguette with melted Manchego.


Suzette arrived at 5:00 with a cheese cake. We ate a small slice and hen I walked to the corner and back mostly without the aid of the cane.


Suzette brought home two jars of West Coast oysters containing 7 oysters.


We immediately decided to bread and fry them. I suggested fried potato wedges and Suzette suggested seaweed salad.


Suzette washed and dried three Yukon Gold potatoes and I sliced them into long wedges.  Suzette made bread crumbs and whisked two eggs.


I made tartare sauce by combining a T. of pickle relish with 2/3 cup of Mayo and the juice of 1/4 lemon.


Suzette heated 1/4 inch of canola oil in a skillet and dipped the oysters in a bowl of whisked egg and then coated them with bread crumbs and fried them in the hot canola oil.


Suzette also fried the potato wedges in hot oil.


She then plated the seaweed salad, fried oysters and fried potatoes and we poured glasses of La Granja’s Viura/Verdejo blend and ate an amazing dinner.


We watched college basketball and NHL hockey until 10:30 when Gonzaga beat UCLA by 3 points and the went to bed.


Bon Appeti





No comments:

Post a Comment