Friday, March 10, 2023

March 10, 2023 Lunch - Salad with salami sandwiches. Snack - A Poki Poki Bowl at Don Sushi Dinner - Roasted Chicken with Sautéed Quinoa with asparagus and red bell pepper

 March 10, 2023 Lunch - Salad with salami sandwiches. Snack - A Poki Poki Bowl at Don Sushi Dinner - Roasted Chicken with Sautéed Quinoa with asparagus and red bell pepper


I did not eat breakfast but worked on finalizing my pleading.


So at noon I ate the old salad leftover from Sunday with two salami sandwiches and a cured ham sandwich.


I then worked with Henry until 3:30 on his case. I had a blowout of the salad, which I ate too quickly and perhaps it was too old.


The most amazing thing of the day was a call from the Kendzierski’s insurance company notifying me that they were going to retain counsel to represent the Kendzierskis in their lawsuit.  That takes a huge burden off my shoulders.


We met Jason Chavez at Don Sushi, which has become one of Henry’s favorite places.  It is a unique restaurant that features both Japanese sushi and Mexican seafood dishes. Its specialty is elaborate sushi rolls.


Henry ordered his favorite, the Sancho, which includes several layers of fish in the center wrapped with nori and the crab and a batter is added and it is deep fried.  It is quite amazing.


Jason ordered a green chili roll that is also deep fried.


I wanted to see how close to Chirashi I could get. The waitress suggested a Poki-Poki bowl.  When I looked at it I could see how it resembled Chirashi. You had your choice of rice and there were four fish, yellowtail, salmon, albacore, and tuna plus so PPI spicy crab, seaweed salad, avocado slices, and cucumber slices in a medium bowl.  I chose sushi rice, which was moist and slightly sweet, the way I like it. The fish were cubed and there were lots of cubes. I loved the dish, which I thought was  fairly priced at $18.50.  I ate a lot and boxed more than half to take home.


I ate a slice of the Sancho roll and enjoyed it, although the slice was wider than my mouth.


We went back home at 4:30 and worked until 5:30 when Suzette arrived with a roasted chicken.


I rested while Suzette sautéed some PPI quinoa with chopped red pepper and diced asparagus.


Suzette also fetched a Vara Spanish rose that went well with the dinner.


After dinner while we were watching the German film on Netflix titled “Faraway” Suzette made us a dessert plate of green seedless grapes and sticks of Manchego.


Later I watched Texas beat TCU to advance to the Big 12 championship final.


I went to bed at 10:00 and blogged this entry and then read the next month’s book, The Master and Margarita.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment