Monday, March 6, 2023

March 6, 2023 Lunch - Vinaigrette. Dinner - Baked Cod and Asparagus with Vanilla flavored Mashed Rutabaga.

March  6, 2023 Lunch - Vinaigrette. Dinner - Baked Cod and Asparagus with Vanilla flavored Mashed Rutabaga. 

I woke up at 7:15 and worked for a few minutes and then took a shower and dressed with the help of Suzette.


I ate a large bowl of granola with milk, and blueberries and yogurt at 9:30.


I then read the Response and Motion to strike attorney fees in the Kendzierski case and then by luck I found what appears to be the perfect case to support our position. I spent a lazy day and at 11:30 called Willy to see if he wanted to watch the Brentford v. Fulham match and eat lunch.


He agreed and suggested we go to Vinaigrette for lunch.


He picked me up a few minutes after 1:00 when Brentford had already scored.


We drove to Vinaigrette.  It did not have Frisée, so I ordered a Cobb salad which is not my favorite because it is chopped, but it has a lot of things I like, like avocado, chicken, bacon, egg, grape tomatoes, and blue cheese.


Willy ordered a lovely tossed salad of gourmet greens with a fish filet and a turmeric drink. We also ordered two plates of warm soda bread with olive oil.  We enjoyed our meal and it was filling with the bread, but the bill was $56.00 without the $10.00 tip we added.


Rather pricey for a couple of salads, although admittedly clean quality salads.


We drove home at 2:15 and watched the last 25 minutes of the match that ended 3 to 2 in favor of Brentford.


I then checked my portfolio and I had a small gain, which was remarkable because the NASDAQ ended down.


Apple pulled me out of the fire.  It was recommended as a buy by several analysts.


I then finished reading the Lotus case and then watched Ari Melber.


At 5:00 I asked Suzette to walk and she agreed.  We walked to the corner of 16th street and back for a new post-operation distance record 


I tired but still did not feel any pain in my hip.


As soon as we returned I peeled and cubed the two rutabagas Suzette had bought for the Cod recipe she had chosen to cook from the Kitchen of Light Cookbook.


I then watched some news while Suzette prepared the recipe and baked asparagus as the green vegetable.


Willy arrived at 6:30 and Suzette fetched a Standing Rock Riesling as the wine for dinner.  


I loved forking thick large flakes of fresh baked cod off the filet Suzette served with a pile of mashed rutabaga and four stalks of baked asparagus.


This was a delicious meal and I regretted having eaten so much food only four hours previously.


I simply could not fully enjoy this lovely dinner or the wine.


Willy left at 7:30 and we watched a Peruvian movie Without Saying Goodbye and went to bed at 9:30. Suzette has taken a special interest I treating my feet and toes with tea tree oil and massaging hand cream into my calf’s, ankles, and feet, and rubbing antibacterial salve on a crack where the skin has separated. I feel much better and suspect I will surprise my podiatrist on the  20th.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment