Friday, May 27, 2022

May 27, 2022 Lunch - PPI Chile Relleno, rice, and beans. Dinner - Sandwiches with a radish and dill pickles

May 27, 2022 Lunch - PPI Chile Relleno, rice, and beans. Dinner - Sandwiches with a radish and dill pickles


I started the day with a bowl of granola, yogurt, milk, and blueberries at 9:00.


The market took off like a stampeding herd of cattle.  Everything was on the move upward.  The NASDAQ ended up 3.3% and my portfolio gained 5%, admittedly from a rather low base.


I found the information I told Johal that I thought proved we were not paid for an easement and sent it to him.


I also revised my notary and worked on a client’s probate case.


I stopped working at 1:00 to eat lunch.  I heated the leftover Chile Relleno with green Chile and brisket from yesterday’s lunch and ate a bit more than half of it.  I put the rest back in the fridge and Suzette finished it for her dinner.





Suzette and I talked to Pat Simon for a while at 5:00.  She has had a lot of sadness in her life, but she is my only second cousin named Simon, so it treasured our re-connection.


Billy and I talked and I was able to find the number of Ben Johnson Jr.’s clinic in St. Louis and we called it and left a message for him to call us so we could find out how our last first cousin Audrey is doing.


After lunch rested and when Suzette came home we checked the garden and I picked one rose.


At 6:00 we watched the Avalanche advance to the NHL Western finals by beating the St. Louis Blues in their best of seven series by scoring in the final 4 seconds.


I toasted two slices of French baguette and spread mayonnaise on them and the garnished them with slices of Manchego cheese, salami and ham, and onion, and spread a bit of mustard on the meat.  I also added three slices of my homemade dill pickle and a radish and drank a Negra Modelo and ate as I watched the hockey game.





We then watched an Amazon movie titled “The Electrical Life of Louis Main”, a true story about an eccentric Victorian artist who painted mainly cats.  The lead was played by Benedict Cumberbatch.


We went to bed at 11:00.


We hosted Tinker’s daughter and her friend for the night, although Willy was the one who hosted them in the evening by joining them for drinks at Copper Lounge on Central.


After dinner I ate three squares of chocolate and almond candy and sipped the last shot of Calvados.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment