Tuesday, May 10, 2022

May 10, 2022 Lunch - Arugula Salad Dinner - Chicken Arugula Salad

 May 10, 2022 Lunch - Arugula Salad  Dinner - Chicken Arugula Salad 

Today was the first time in over a year that I had to appear in a trial.  It turned out to not be a full trial, because the Judge took control and the issue, possession, which the Judge resolved with her first Question to the defendants, “Do you contest Possession?  When the defendants answered, “No.”, the trial ended with my client be granted possession, because the Judge was not willing to deal with the other issue at today”’s hearing that is still in contention, damages, that the Judge continued to another date.


I ate a bowl of granola, milk and blueberries and yogurt at 8:30 a.m and then spent most of the morning preparing for trial.  



At noon I got hungry and sleepy so I made myself a Vietnamese coffee with coffee, condensed milk, and ice to get the old mind working.


Karim and Lelah arrived around 12:30 with a lovely chopped salad made with fresh arugula, cucumbers, almonds, carrots, cranberries and a couple of other ingredients. The salad was not dressed so I only ate a few bites, which turned out to be fortuitous because Suzette dressed the remaining salad up with chicken and a Humboldt Fog and balsamic vinegar dressing for our dinner.





I won the case and then spent 2 1/2 hours preparing the order and a Writ of Restitution and sending them to the defendants and my client for approval.


Suzette came home at 5:30 and Willy came by soon after. Suzette had made us gin and tonics. I fetched a package of Boursin and Triscuits that I ate with the cocktail, until Suzette fetched the open bottle of 2020  Loudernotte Pinot Noir from Pays d’ Oc, 


I poured Pinot I switched to wine with the cheese and crackers.


When Suzette served the salad we had a lively discussion with Willy about the stock market for 30 minutes and then when he left we watched Finding Your Roots.  Tonight’s episode examined particularly interesting guests, three comedians, including Seth Myers and Sarah Silverman.


We really enjoyed the show.


Then I soaked in an Epsom salts sitz bath and Suzette sat on a chair next to the tub and soaked her feet.


Suzette described her exciting day of a 2 1/2 mile chase to catch a run away client in a fast electric wheelchair, which why her feet were sore and she wanted to soak them this evening.


We went to bed at 9:00. Suzette to sleep and I to blog and read.


Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment