Thursday, May 5, 2022

May 5, 2022 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam No. 30. Dinner - Andouille Sausage, eggplant Parmigiana, and spaghetti

May 5, 2022 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam No. 30. Dinner - Andouille Sausage,  eggplant Parmigiana, and spaghetti


I ate the leftover acorn squash, spinach, cranraisins, rice, salmon and piñons for breakfast just before driving to a doctor’s appointment at 10:20.


After the appointment I drove to the bank and then 2000 Vietnam where I ordered a No. 30, which is my summer favorite, cool Bean sprouts, lettuce, and cucumber on the bottom, warm rice vermicelli in the middle, and hot grilled marinated pork and pork egg rolls on top.  


I rested when I returned home until 2:00 after the worst day for the Dow since 2000.  The Dow knifed down over 1200 points. I could not look at it. 


Fortunately, Square reported in the after hours and it went up over $10.00/share, so perhaps tomorrow I will have a positive day to help recover some of the massive losses of today.


At 2:00 I ate the No. 30 with extra fish sauce and a glass of iced Vietnamese coffee.  After lunch I felt better and did a deed and then lay down again until 4:55 when I went to my computer to meditate.  There were four of us meditating including Luke, so I was happy.





Suzette arrived at 5:30 at the end of meditation with mushrooms, spinach, and a cryovac with a dozen Andouille Sausages.


We decided instantly to sauté a sausage, 1/3 onion, two cups of spinach and four sliced mushrooms and add to it some PPI spaghetti, marinara sauce and the three leftover slices of eggplant parmigiana. 


Suzette always reminds me to tell blog readers that this is the way we cook.  We combine new ingredients with previously prepared ingredients (PPIs) to make new dishes. Tonight we reformulated a classic vegetarian dish into a spicy Italian sausage, mushroom, and spinach dish.






Suzette wanted to eat outside so when the food was ready she plated 1/2 in each pasta bowl and I poured two glasses of the remaining Aquino Reserva Chianti and we took them out to the table under the gazebo and ate our dinner watching the sun set over out garden.



After dinner we returned to the house and watched the latest from Ukraine on CNN until 8:00 when we ate ice cream sundaes with several of Of the maraschino cherries Suzette made and watched Midsomer Mystery until 9:30 when we went to bed.





Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment