Thursday, May 26, 2022

May 26, 2020 Lunch - Cocina Azul Dinner - Sautéed Rib Steak with Creamed mushrooms, and Brussels Sprouts, onion, and Potato Casserole

May 26, 2020 Lunch - Cocina Azul  Dinner - Sautéed Rib Steak with Creamed mushrooms, and Brussels Sprouts, onion, and Potato Casserole


I rested in bed until 10:00 watching the market go up and up.


It looks like the contagion of fear is subsiding in the market.


I showered and dressed and then called Charlie to offer to take him to the book club lunch at 12:30.


I worked at my desk until then reading mail.


We drove to Cocina Azul and met the other members.


I ordered Chile rellenos with brisket and green chili with rice and beans.  Others ordered of dishes, including green Chile stew, green chili chicken cream soup, a ribeye quesadilla, and a hamburger.


Here are the pictures.


                                                            My Chili rellenos


                                                       Charlie’s ribeye quesadilla 



                                                      Karl’s Green Chili Stew



                                             The Green chili Cream of Chicken Soup



After lunch we drove to Charlie’s house for the meeting.  Susan had made delicious brownies and lemon bars.  The most exciting thing of all was Karl bringing the wine.  He brought a 2018 Stag’s Leap Chardonnay and a Cabernet Sauvignon and a Dry Creek Sauvignon Blanc.  When I complimented him, he replied, “I like good wine.”


Indeed he does.




Stag’s Leap is among my favorite Napa Wineries.


 The club held a good meeting with lots of interesting insights.


We ended around 4:00 and I stayed to plan a meal for next Tuesday with Charlie and Susan and returned home a few minutes before 5:00. I took the remaining bottle of Stag’s Leap Cab home, which set the stage for the dinner menu.


I meditated and then at 5:30 lay down for a nap, leaving Suzette to cook dinner after we decided to sauté a steak and make a Brussels Sprout. Potato, and onion Casserole to go with the Cab.


Suzette also sautéed sliced mushrooms in a cream sauce.



At 7:30 we ate and then drank the rest of the cab as we watched the end of the hockey game and then at 8:00 Midsomer Mystery.


When Midsomer Mystery ended at 9:30 we went to bed, Suzette to sleep and I to blog.


Bon Appetit 






No comments:

Post a Comment