Sunday, May 15, 2022

May 15, 2022 Brunch - Steak and eggs and Almond Croissant. Dinner - Cedar Plant Grilled Teriyaki Salmon with PPI Spinach Couscous and seaweed salad

May 15, 2022 Brunch - Steak and eggs and Almond Croissant. Dinner - Cedar Plant Grilled Teriyaki Salmon with PPI Spinach Couscous and  seaweed salad


I awakened at 6:00 and watched the news and two soccer matched.  The second one in which Watford beat Everton 3 to 2 was quite exciting.


Suzette worked n the garden for about 3 hours planting the plants we bought yesterday and cleaning one of the beds and thawed three pieces of salmon and a bag of lamb from the freezer.  So we invited Willy to dinner and I marinated the salmon fillets in teriyaki sauce.  I make a simple teriyaki sauce by heating 1/3 each of soy, mirin, and sake plus 1 T. of sugar until the sugar goes into solution.  Then I put the salmon fillets into a gallon freezer bag and when the teriyaki has cooked I poured it into the bag, with the salmon, sealed the bag, and lay it in the fridge to marinate.






At 9:30 I became hungry and we cooked breakfast.  I diced the leftover steak from Friday night’s dinner and diced about 3 oz. of onion, and three shitake mushrooms that Suzette sautéed in a skillet and then broke four eggs on top and covered the skillet to cook the eggs sunny side up.  I heated the almond croissant I bought yesterday and made a cup of tea.





Suzette made her usual Sunday Bloody Mary and we ate under the gazebo.


I then clipped dead heads off the rose bushes between naps while Suzette went to Home Depot and worked in her office.


At 3:00 I became hungry and ate a bag of warm popcorn, which revived me.  I could feel the carbohydrates energizing my body after having worked in the yard for about 1 1/2 hours and my joints even felt less painful.


The 70% carb and 30% protein diet works, especially since I have cut back on sweets.


Suzette returned around 5:00 and we confirmed with Willy that we would eat at 6:30.


Suzette cut and soaked a 1 x 6 inch cedar plank in water.


Suzette started grilling at 6:15 after she had heated the PPI couscous.


I fetched the seaweed salad.


When Willy arrived I asked him if he wanted sake and he said, “Yes.”


So Suzette filled a pitcher with sake and half filled a sauce pan with water and heated the pitcher in the water bath on the stove.


When the salmon was cooked Suzette plated a pile of warm couscous on three plates and lay a slice of salmon on each pile and I spooned some seaweed salad onto each plate.


When the sake was warm, Suzette filled Chinese tea cups I had fetched with sake.


We watched game 7 of the Stanley Cup Round 1 match between the New York Rangers and Pittsburgh Penguins, which the Rangers won and Stanley Tucci “Finding Italy”.  Tonight was the region of Umbria.


Willy left around 8:00 and at 8:30 the big event of the day began, a complete Lunar Eclipse.  It lasted until 10:00.  The lunar eclipse was really impressive. The moon darkened until there was just a fuzzy orange edge showing.


I then watched Dallas lose to Calgary in their game 7 and then went bed to blog and sleep.


Dinner was super simple.


Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment