Thursday, May 12, 2022

May 12, 2022 Lunch - PPI Chili Relleno Burrito Dinner - Chicken Curry Chowder

May 12, 2022 Lunch - PPI Chili Relleno Burrito   Dinner - Chicken Curry Chowder


I awakened a 7:30 just as the Market was opening and watched it drop, but later in the day it began to recover and even after the close, the market further recovered, resulting in a minimal loss.


I toasted two slices of bagel for breakfast and spread cream cheese on them and them ham on ne and salami n the other and then slices of Manchego on both.


At 1:00 I heated the leftovers from yesterday’s lunch and made another chili Relleno burrito. I drank a glass of root beer with the burrito.


Suzette arrived a couple of minutes before 5:00 when I began meditating for 30 minutes.


After meditation we discussed dinner. Bee had previously agreed to make chicken chowder and I had bought fresh corn and white potatoes in anticipation yesterday at El Super.


Tonight we both agreed to add coconut milk and Thai curry. But I could not find the Thai curry powder so we settled of Madras curry powder.


I diced 2 carrots, 1/2 onion, two stalks of celery, and two potatoes while Suzette cut the kernels off two ears of corn and then sautéed those ingredients in butter in the large casserole.  I diced the remaining 1/2 breast of chicken.  


When the vegetables were cooked we added a 24 oz. Can of coconut milk and 4 cups of crab broth and 1 1/2 T. of Sun Madras curry powder and the remaining T. of dried Hoja Santa leaves.


We simmered the chowder for 30 to 40 minutes.  It was really delicious.  The combination of fresh vegetables, chicken, curry powder, crab broth, and coconut milk created a creamy curry flavor with a hint of crab.


We watched Toronto lose the Tampa Bay in overtime to send that series to a game 7.


After the game at 9:20 we got ready for bed.


I loved today’s food everything was great and flavorful so I was not inclined to over eat.


Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment