Monday, May 9, 2022

May 9, 2022 Lunch - Chicken and Blue Cheese salad. Dinner - Grilled steak with Tomato and Spinach Couscous.

 May 9, 2022 Lunch - Chicken and Blue Cheese salad. Dinner - Grilled steak with Tomato and Spinach Couscous.


I started the day with a toasted bagel spread with cream cheese and garnished with slices of Manchego cheese and slices of charcuterie salami on one and cured ham slices on the other with two cups of tea.




The market turned down again today.  I have stopped looking at it.


Karim came over at 11:00 and we discussed and prepared for a trial regarding one of his properties.


When he left at 1:30 I made a spinach and lettuce salad with chicken and blue cheese and a diced tomato. I freshened up the Cesar salad dressing with juice of 1/2 lemon and olive oil.  I enjoyed the salad and afterwards drew my belt in one hole on my belt.  Perhaps I am losing weight.




Later I tried to prepare documents for the Indian brokerage account but could not get them notarized. Alas, tomorrow I will send them without notaries.


I rested and read Netherland by O’Neill for book club until Suzette arrived. Suzette was hungry and made a chicken snack.  So, neither of us was starving for dinner until almost 8:00.


We decided to cook a steak, so I fetched the steaks and then picked roses but became tired.  I made a gin and tonic and rested for a while.  


Couscous - While Suzette grilled the steak, I de-stemmed about 2 cups of spinach leaves and diced a Roma tomato and about 3 oz. of onion. I melted three oz. of butter in a sauce pan and added the onion and tomato. After sautéing the onion and tomato I added 1 cup of couscous and cooked all three ingredients for several minutes.


I added the spinach and 1 1/2 cups of boiling water and covered the pan and reduced the heat of the burner to boil the ingredients after several minutes Suzette turned the heat off and let the couscous steam.  


I fetched a bottle of 2020 Londerette French Pinot Noir from the Pays du Oc region, meaning west of the Rhone in southwestern France.


I added a bit more than 1 1/2 cups of water because I like my couscous moist.


It was a lovely dinner.






Later I ate a bowl of vanilla ice cream with Hershey chocolate syrup, two maraschino cherries and two squirts of whipped cream.


Suzette went to bed at 9:30 and I went to bed at 11:15 after watching Rachel Maddow.


Bon Appetit


When Suzette brought the steak in I sliced it and checked the couscous and fluffed it




No comments:

Post a Comment